How to get rid of Stink Bugs

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bbinnsitters

Reaction score
Get a cup, fill it with water, add hand soap or dish detergent (a few drops will do) - flick the bugs inside and they will die!

This definitely works, they do die. Just be sure to take the cup outside because dead stink bugs draw more live ones in. It's also easy to vacuum them up, but it is gross when you are the one who has to empty the vacuum out!!!! They will be over soon thank goodness.

This definitely works, they do die. Just be sure to take the cup outside because dead stink bugs draw more live ones in. It's also easy to vacuum them up, but it is gross when you are the one who has to empty the vacuum out!!!! They will be over soon thank goodness..
I just flushed 'em down the toilet - is that ok?? And boy, do they make a lot of noise when they fly across a room!

You don't smell them???!!! You are SO lucky!!! The smell is disgusting and it stays on your fingers - maybe better ask your dh if your fingers stink! Oh Lord - where will this thread go now?

I seem to be lucky - I don't really smell them. I grab them in a paper towel and crush him, then throw them away.

You don't smell them???!!! You are SO lucky!!! The smell is disgusting and it stays on your fingers - maybe better ask your dh if your fingers stink! Oh Lord - where will this thread go now?.
suellen222 said:
You don't smell them???!!! You are SO lucky!!! The smell is disgusting and it stays on your fingers - maybe better ask your dh if your fingers stink! Oh Lord - where will this thread go now?
They don't bother him either, but thanks so much for that visual.
regular_smile.gif

I seem to be lucky - I don't really smell them. I grab them in a paper towel and crush him, then throw them away..
I am with you on this...I have killed a few and I haven't smelled anything. OF course I am not sticking my nose to them to see if they do stink. Must be an odor that doesn't bother me????? I only have seen just a few around our house..which is fine by me ;-)

We only have problems with guests leaving the doors wide open when they are checking out. I catch them in a tissue and throw outside. I don't smell them in the house either. I thought they smelled when you squished them? Northern Virginia has trouble with them in the vineyards. If they get crushed with the grapes they taint them. We were lucky they came here after harvest.
RIki

We only have problems with guests leaving the doors wide open when they are checking out. I catch them in a tissue and throw outside. I don't smell them in the house either. I thought they smelled when you squished them? Northern Virginia has trouble with them in the vineyards. If they get crushed with the grapes they taint them. We were lucky they came here after harvest.
RIki.
What in the heck is a stink bug? Am I the only one who isn't familiar with that term??
teeth_smile.gif

BE THANKFUL INN BLOOM. The entire region on the east is filled with them, plagues of stink bugs. PLAGUES!
Every guest that checks in I ask if they have them at home like they are here.It is the topic of conversation EVERY WHERE YOU GO and has been for two months.

RIki.
What in the heck is a stink bug? Am I the only one who isn't familiar with that term??
teeth_smile.gif

Go here to learn more:
http://ento.psu.edu/extension/factsheets/brown-marmorated-stink-bug

RIki.
teeth_smile.gif

InnBloom said:
teeth_smile.gif
I don't think they have made it out here to us midwesterners....but they are all over the place on the east coast. Yucky, stinky things! (only if you squash them)

RIki.
teeth_smile.gif

Go here to learn more:
http://ento.psu.edu/extension/factsheets/brown-marmorated-stink-bug
Catlady, thank you for the article on stinkbugs...they never really said how to get rid of them - they just told the danger of some products you might be tempted to use! And don't suck them up cos your vacuum will smell bad for a long time! HA!

The entire country will have them by this time next year. They can live in just about any climate and have no predators here in this country. Good times!

My parents are rv'g across country and when they were in South Memphis at Tom Sawyer RV on he river they saw them on rv's, and now in Amarillo and saw them...they are being transported by the snow birds fyi

Back