How to Get Six Pack Abs . . . The Hard Way

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SweetiePie

Reaction score
I don't think I've seen this topic discussed on the forum since I've been on it. How to deal with guests who are sick. I was around some unfortunately this weekend.
I use essential oils which work pretty well for the most part. However, Saturday I got a coughing fit that lasted from 4 PM til 10 PM. What was strange was that I wasn't sick. I had no fever, no sore throat, wasn't coughing up anything. It just seemed to start and then feed on itself. I coughed so hard my kidneys hurt. When was the last time that happened? For me, never.
Anyway, I tried everything I knew to do and nothing helped. Finally, I turned to the internet and found a remedy. It sounds strange but it worked. Putting Vicks VapoRub on the bottom of your feet and covering with white socks. Voila, no more coughing.
Now if I can just get rid of the sore ribs and abdominals. I found out that you can actually crack a rib coughing.

I am a huge believer in vaporub when I have a cold, although I always put it on my chest and neck and then wrap a towel around me. It always seems to work although it's not very glamorous for DH. Maybe I'll try my feet next time since that might not be so intrusive at bedtime.

I picked up something on a trip to TX last year and had that extreme coughing. Doctor ended up giving me some pretty strong cough medicine with codeine that finally suppressed the cough. Nothing herbal or over the counter in my bag of professional nursing tricks would touch it.
I know the feeling....I thought I would cough up a lung. I was so sick (and I am rarely sick) that I had to refer guests away to another B&B.
Hope you feel better!

I picked up something on a trip to TX last year and had that extreme coughing. Doctor ended up giving me some pretty strong cough medicine with codeine that finally suppressed the cough. Nothing herbal or over the counter in my bag of professional nursing tricks would touch it.
I know the feeling....I thought I would cough up a lung. I was so sick (and I am rarely sick) that I had to refer guests away to another B&B.
Hope you feel better!.
Followup: I continued the treatment and everything is back to normal today. This is a great way to avoid smelling like Vicks when you need to be around others.

During the winter (when I get the stuffies) I get a new boyfriend - Ben Gay and i are inseparable.

During the winter (when I get the stuffies) I get a new boyfriend - Ben Gay and i are inseparable..
Which brings up a good question...how do I get rid of the odor of Ben Gay in guest rooms? It is so pungent, it lingers forever even when I change the comforter...it's alive!

During the winter (when I get the stuffies) I get a new boyfriend - Ben Gay and i are inseparable..
Which brings up a good question...how do I get rid of the odor of Ben Gay in guest rooms? It is so pungent, it lingers forever even when I change the comforter...it's alive!
Good luck. Open windows and light candle? I slather it until my eyes water - that is the only thing that opens me up.

That's why I use bio freeze...no odor or at least it fades quickly.
wink_smile.gif

wink_smile.gif

Just a followup note on this: Turns out I did have a very mild case of H1N1. Once they released a complete list of the symptoms, I realized that I had all of them, at one time or another. What confused me is that they keep calling it the flu when it is actually a form of pneumonia that attacks deep lung tissue. Thus the convulsive coughing fits. With that there often is no high fever. Luckily it went away on its own without any medication. The hospitals around here have been so packed, I probably would have gotten sicker had I gone there and been exposed to everyone else. Hopefully that gives me immunity now.

wink_smile.gif

Just a followup note on this: Turns out I did have a very mild case of H1N1. Once they released a complete list of the symptoms, I realized that I had all of them, at one time or another. What confused me is that they keep calling it the flu when it is actually a form of pneumonia that attacks deep lung tissue. Thus the convulsive coughing fits. With that there often is no high fever. Luckily it went away on its own without any medication. The hospitals around here have been so packed, I probably would have gotten sicker had I gone there and been exposed to everyone else. Hopefully that gives me immunity now.
Oh my, I'm glad you're better! How did you determine it was H1N1 - did you get a test?

No test, They really aren't testing people here anymore. Just from the symptoms, They said you would recover in 4-5 days. It took me 2 weeks to really be back to normal.

No test, They really aren't testing people here anymore. Just from the symptoms, They said you would recover in 4-5 days. It took me 2 weeks to really be back to normal..
Around here the drs have also stopped reporting. From what I've gathered from the parents here this weekend, if there is x% of cases on the college campus the college has to close, so they decided to stop reporting to keep the schools open.
Which opens up a whole other bag of worms on how the heck ANY epidemic would be handled if all anyone is thinking about is keeping things open (schools, workplaces, etc).

Back