How to interpret this?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
bree, i think it's because of where you are located.
you are HOME BASE.
they want to park there ... hoping to use a bathroom, get a key if they can, possibly unload luggage (real wishful thinking on their part if they are very early) ... and then head out again ... either by car or on foot or bike.
i had these kinds of guests all the time. i tried to go with the flow because they were often repeats who didn't see their behavior as disruptive, they felt like house guests and/or friends. there were some who would come round to the back door and i'd scoot their luggage in the back hall (next to my little bedroom) and off they'd go for the day.
not saying you have to do what i did. it happened by accident the first time and ever after they knew where and how to find me. one couple i will always remember ... the guy always insisted on helping me with 'manly tasks' like hauling out the trash, his wife wanted to help do dishes.

Early as stated. Doorbell rang, I was sound asleep. (Not a good idea to sit down after a busy morning!) Doorbell rang again. I rolled over and went back to sleep. Not sure how long they would have rung bell but hubs came back and let them in.
Now I'm awake again.

Early as stated. Doorbell rang, I was sound asleep. (Not a good idea to sit down after a busy morning!) Doorbell rang again. I rolled over and went back to sleep. Not sure how long they would have rung bell but hubs came back and let them in.
Now I'm awake again..
You need to give your dh a good talking to! I have to say that I admired the way my innkeeper friend stuck to her guns about check-in time during my recent visit. It was positively inn-spiring! :)

Now I'm awake again..
You need to give your dh a good talking to! I have to say that I admired the way my innkeeper friend stuck to her guns about check-in time during my recent visit. It was positively inn-spiring! :)
Tough for him to walk right by them, into the house and close the door in their faces!

I know it goes against all the high service orientated innkeepers to stick to their policies and say when check in begins at 3pm, no one new gains admittance to this house until 3pm. We really do need to have a life, we will burn burn burn if we let the winds toss us to and fro in this business. Every guest thinks they are the
"only" guest, little do they know we have many of you only guests day in and day out. So to get the special treatment of feeling they are the only guests, they need to abide by our rules.
We cannot do it all. We will crumble if we try.

I turned the early check-in dilemma on it's ear yesterday. Had two stayovers and one open room, so made a plan to go canoeing with my brother and his kids. Since he's in a wheelchair, this is quite the operation, and he was so excited that there was no way I was going to take a check-in that day and spoil our plans. While the room showed open in webervations, it was blocked off for arrivals. Got a phone call from a guy trying to book the room for Sunday and Monday nights, but called me as he was unable to do it. I explained to him that no one was going to be here for check in, unless he could be here by noon or after 8pm. He took it, and was here by 11am...it was a checkout, and hubs was cleaning the bathroom floor while I was greeting them.
First time I've ever done that...making the guest adhere to MY schedule. Such power!! Anyway, had a great day on the river and out of the house.....sold the room for both open nights...all worked out and I learned that sometimes, the guests can and will bend if I actually ask them to!

I turned the early check-in dilemma on it's ear yesterday. Had two stayovers and one open room, so made a plan to go canoeing with my brother and his kids. Since he's in a wheelchair, this is quite the operation, and he was so excited that there was no way I was going to take a check-in that day and spoil our plans. While the room showed open in webervations, it was blocked off for arrivals. Got a phone call from a guy trying to book the room for Sunday and Monday nights, but called me as he was unable to do it. I explained to him that no one was going to be here for check in, unless he could be here by noon or after 8pm. He took it, and was here by 11am...it was a checkout, and hubs was cleaning the bathroom floor while I was greeting them.
First time I've ever done that...making the guest adhere to MY schedule. Such power!! Anyway, had a great day on the river and out of the house.....sold the room for both open nights...all worked out and I learned that sometimes, the guests can and will bend if I actually ask them to!.
I also just got a whoohoo! DH neglected to tell me when his BSA Owners event was and I took a rez for this weekend - but it is a Sat/Sun with a dinner for their 1st anniversary. Normally the dinner is the second night. I called him just now to ask if they would like the dinner on Saturday since they are scheduled for an afternoon arrival. YES! He liked that better than Sunday. So as soon as breakfast is done on Sunday, we will get everything into the kitchen and split. They will have their directions for their routing and with luck, will have something they want to see playing at the drive-in! WE will be heading north for the day!

Now I'm awake again..
Tough for him to walk right by them, into the house and close the door in their faces!
Bree said:
Don't you have another entrance he can sneak into? We have four exterior doors... five if you count the patio.
=)
Kk.

First time I've ever done that...making the guest adhere to MY schedule. Such power!! Anyway, had a great day on the river and out of the house.....sold the room for both open nights...all worked out and I learned that sometimes, the guests can and will bend if I actually ask them to!.
Little Blue said:
First time I've ever done that...making the guest adhere to MY schedule. Such power!! Anyway, had a great day on the river and out of the house.....sold the room for both open nights...all worked out and I learned that sometimes, the guests can and will bend if I actually ask them to!
Of course they will! Especially if you ask nice!
Yesterday we had a check in, repeat guest. But I have so much work to do today that decided to make yesterday my "day off at the lake with my kids." I called Saturday, and yesterday, asking if she'd mine checking herself in but she never called me back. I finally decided I was simply going to go do it anyway and left a note on the door.
She didn't call until she got to town, and that was to say she was going to get some dinner. She was more than happy to come on in herself, and we had a nice (and much needed!) day together at the lake.
=)
Kk.

Now I'm awake again..
Bree said:
Don't you have another entrance he can sneak into? We have four exterior doors... five if you count the patio.
=)
Kk.
YellowSocks said:
Bree said:
=)
Kk.
All the doors are on one side of the building, plus he had to park his car right next to theirs! No sneaking around in this joint!

Now I'm awake again..
Bree said:
=)
Kk.
YellowSocks said:
Bree said:
=)
Kk.
All the doors are on one side of the building, plus he had to park his car right next to theirs! No sneaking around in this joint!
Bree said:
YellowSocks said:
Bree said:
=)
Kk.
Esp if you have a sign on your car.

Back