HOW to neatly fold fitted sheets??

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 26

Reaction score
helping someone with the laundry and cleaning up ... she had a house full of guests ... (not paid, family descended for a wedding) and i can't remember how to fold the fitted sheets!
please, i know someone out there can explain. i used to fold them so they almost ended up inside the last stretchy corner. like a bulky triangle. these are not neat at all.
(major brain cramp! - either i've totally forgotten or i have confused myself into thinking i used to do this)

I can do it, but still not as neat as I like. Don't know if I can explain it without showing it. There is probably a YouTube video about it. Anyway, you are on the right track. All corners go in together. Make a square. Then fold from there. (I learned from a Martha Stewart TV show.)

I can do it, but still not as neat as I like. Don't know if I can explain it without showing it. There is probably a YouTube video about it. Anyway, you are on the right track. All corners go in together. Make a square. Then fold from there. (I learned from a Martha Stewart TV show.).
i will look for a video.

I can do it, but still not as neat as I like. Don't know if I can explain it without showing it. There is probably a YouTube video about it. Anyway, you are on the right track. All corners go in together. Make a square. Then fold from there. (I learned from a Martha Stewart TV show.).
i will look for a video.
Yes. I just looked and there are several.

You've got to get all 4 corners together, then fold lengthwise into thirds, then width wise into a square.
Here's a video

You've got to get all 4 corners together, then fold lengthwise into thirds, then width wise into a square.
Here's a video.
OK, that's how I do it, but heaven help me that guy is slow. Maybe just for the video but yeesh he'd be here all day!

Here's a video.
We do it almost like the video, except that if it's Queen sheets, with the long side in front of you, we fold into thirds, folding the elastic in, then the bottom up.
(Fold 1 to 2, then 3 to 2. )
Then either edge is folded in quarters....
So 1s over 2s, 4s over 3s and finally 2s over 3s to form a tight packet.
Flat is folded in the same way, but in quarters and is over the fitted, with pillow cases on the fitted to form a tight packet holding all the sheets with no edges showing. :)
(Kings are folded in quarters for fitted and quarters for top sheet.)
I don't know why, but this works for us. :)

Here's a video.
We do it almost like the video, except that if it's Queen sheets, with the long side in front of you, we fold into thirds, folding the elastic in, then the bottom up.
Flat is folded in the same way, but in quarters and is over the fitted, with pillow cases on the fitted to form a tight packet holding all the sheets with no edges showing. :)
We fold the pillow cases into the top sheet but don't make a 'package' out of it. Just put the top sheet on top of the fitted sheet in the closet.

Here's a video.
We fold the pillow cases into the top sheet but don't make a 'package' out of it. Just put the top sheet on top of the fitted sheet in the closet.
Alibi Ike said:
I guess I'm really pedantic about this. But it works for me. Kings on one side of a basket, queens on the other. Singles in the cupboard and doubles in the drawer next to the double bed. I never find myself missing parts this way.

Here's a video.
Alibi Ike said:
I guess I'm really pedantic about this. But it works for me. Kings on one side of a basket, queens on the other. Singles in the cupboard and doubles in the drawer next to the double bed. I never find myself missing parts this way.
I have more rooms so we have the sheets sorted into separate cupboards. And I have another cupboard for 'extra' matching pillowcases in case something comes out of the wash still stained. There are also back-up top sheets wherein the original set's bottom sheet was not salvageable.
And all of it, including the towels, cleaning supplies, vacuum cleaners and a washer/dryer fits into a 6x6 bathroom which has had the shower removed.

Here's a video.
I got a headache just reading that. I think that I'd just crumple it in a ball and go have a glass of wine!
regular_smile.gif

Here's a video.
I got a headache just reading that. I think that I'd just crumple it in a ball and go have a glass of wine!
regular_smile.gif

Samster said:
regular_smile.gif
haha
i like the s l o w video but i would need to watch it while doing. i think i remember now ... hmmmm.
i like the idea of hanging these if there is a place to hang them. this house has so little closet space it's hard! ... lots of old fashioned chests back in colonial days when it was built i guess.

Here's a video.
regular_smile.gif

Samster said:
regular_smile.gif
NOW yer talkin'!!!!
cheers.gif

Back