How to not see ads when logged in!

INNspiring.com | Innkeeper Forum & Innkeeping Resources

Help Support INNspiring.com | Innkeeper Forum & Innkeeping Resources:

Angie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I know you would like to make the ads go away. Here's how you do it.

Go to the upper right hand corner and Click on your member name. That will open your User Control Panel. Then go down to Preferences.

1595948501346.png

Click on Preferences and then go about 1/3 down the page you will find Disable Advertising. Just check that box and remember to SAVE.

1595948574662.png

Refresh your screen and now you will not see ads. You will see them when logged out.

Arks

Reaction score
I'm not seeing the exact same Preferences screen. Mine, below, doesn't have a Disable Advertising checkbox. Maybe that only appears if you give a donation?

deleteme.jpg

JimBoone

Reaction score
I'm not seeing the exact same Preferences screen. Mine, below, doesn't have a Disable Advertising checkbox. Maybe that only appears if you give a donation?
Same here, I would assume that only applies to supporting members who pay the annual subscription

gillumhouse

Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

View attachment 13
That may be the answer. I only got your screen in the beginning. I opted to pay because I want this Forum to continue (would have paid Swirt directly but he would not accept donations). AFTER I paid, I got the disable ads option.

Angie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Let me double check. You should have that option. Everyone logged in should have it.

Angie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Please try again each of you that could not opt out before. There was a setting I had to upgrade. I thought I had done all of them earlier. I apologize for the overlook.

Angie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Good. I'm glad it is working.

scottcrumpton

Reaction score
While I'm not a fan of ads -- I'm going to leave the setting alone and support the site owner. Not virtual signaling here at all -- simply showing a reason for why someone "might" want to not change the setting (meaning there's a business owner on the other end of that choice who makes a little revenue or misses out based on your choice). Quite obviously, it's a choice and nobody is going to berate you either way around here.

For what it's worth... ;-)