How to report spam emails from this site?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

Northern Dreamer

Reaction score
Just curious if there is info that the admins want if we receive spam emails through this site?

Thanks

Morticia

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Just click on ‘report’ in the message you receive through the site. That contains all the info I need. The sex sellers are back again. Sorry.

Tamelon

Reaction score
I got one too. I guess we're not perceived as a bunch of crotchety oldsters anymore.

TheBeachHouse

Reaction score
The issue is that it comes through my personal email. So it’s not within this website. But anyway, thanks for getting rid of them.

Morticia

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
The issue is that it comes through my personal email. So it’s not within this website. But anyway, thanks for getting rid of them.
But you know it’s someone from this site? A spammer?

Arks

Reaction score
This forum software emails us notices when we get messages posted here. You can probably turn that feature off if you want to.

Northern Dreamer

Reaction score
Screen Shot 2021-09-21 at 8.04.55 PM.pngScreen Shot 2021-09-21 at 8.04.55 PM.png
This is what came to my email and when I click "View Conversation" below is where it takes me:

Morticia

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Somehow it comes via this site as they have access to send an email from here...
You only see this when you’re on the site? Or, you are strictly in your own email system and not connected to this site at all? Or, you get a notification that you have a message on this site and you click it?

Right now you’re getting ‘page not found’ because this username has been banned. Lots of people got this message.

TheBeachHouse

Reaction score
I just sent you an email through the site so you can see how it lands in your email.

Northern Dreamer

Reaction score
You only see this when you’re on the site? Or, you are strictly in your own email system and not connected to this site at all? Or, you get a notification that you have a message on this site and you click it?

Right now you’re getting ‘page not found’ because this username has been banned. Lots of people got this message.
I received and read the message in my personal email inbox that I have listed on my profile from Innspiring.com (which was also set to not show my private information so my email is not visible to anyone on this site - but message can still be sent via a user name...)
I never received a notification here or that I had a message in my inbox within this site - it all came to me externally from this platform.

Morticia

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I received and read the message in my personal email inbox that I have listed on my profile from Innspiring.com (which was also set to not show my private information so my email is not visible to anyone on this site - but message can still be sent via a user name...)
I never received a notification here or that I had a message in my inbox within this site - it all came to me externally from this platform.
Thanks for the extra info. If you get another, please use this site to send a message to me with the email address of the spammer. If they used the same one here they can be banned.

TheBeachHouse

Reaction score
Found it. In your profile, under preferences. I unchecked, “ receive email when a new conversation is started”. (Or something similar, I have no memory.).

Silverspoon

Reaction score
Thanks for the extra info. If you get another, please use this site to send a message to me with the email address of the spammer. If they used the same one here they can be banned.
Yes, I got it that way too but just marked it as spam on the personal email server I use.

Silverspoon

Reaction score
If I mark it as spam there, it will flag Innspiring.com as the culpable email address.
Uh Oh....guess I had better check that out! Thanks

Additional info: Mine was from Emily too and since Northern Dreamer has already reported that solicitation I won't copy it here. But, I checked out my spam folder and you were correct Northern Dreamer, Innspiring was listed as spam. So I moved the offending mail, which was in my personal email, not here on this forum, from innspiring back into my in-box and just deleted it from there.

Last edited: