How to respond

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2cat_lady

Reaction score
Okay, got a great review on TA. Loved our place and gave us the full five but they got my name wrong. Twice. Now, I don't expect people to remember my name 100% of the time. I'm ahead of the game because I have their names written down. But, that being said, I don't want anyone that reads the review to think that the guest reviewed the wrong place because most of my reviews use my name. How do I respond and not make the reviewer feel embarrassed or stupid. Or do I mention the error at all? I remember this family and they were super. Very grateful and polite. They had even tipped me and said that they would love to come back and stay longer the next time
Has this happened to you?

Yes. You'd think guests would remember 'Morticia and Gomez' but they don't. Don't mention it. If you respond to the review with thanks and wishes for them to return, sign your name to the response. The guest gets an email with the response and they'll see it in there, dope slap themselves, and hopefully laugh.
It's actually kind of funny the names Gomez gets called. However, I think it's better that they came up with SOME name rather than 'the hosts' or 'the innkeepers' or 'the staff'.

Overlook the error. Make the response personal and sign your name. They will realize their mistake without you pointing it out to the whole wide world.

I was leaning to these suggestions but just wanted some feedback. Thanks for sharing experienced advice.

If you respond to all your reviews, just respond as usual thanking them. If you point it out then they will feel like idiots.

Back