How To Sharpen Your Knife With A Cup [VIDEO]

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
...and there ya go! Bobsyeruncle. I just got an old knife out that I don't use normally, to make a salad and slice vidalia onions as well. I tested it, yes dull, then got out a mug from an innmate in Maine and whisked it across the bottom a few times and voila!
So there ya have it, to the innsitter who travels with knives, you don't need to, just use a ceramic coffee mug at the inn!

That makes sense..........it's a mild abrasive......similar to a honing stone

Interesting.
My job oh so long ago when working in a pottery was to take the bottom of the mugs and cups and rub the surface across the abrasive stone to remove the residue from firing. What a boring job it was!!! I high tailed it back to college after that summer vowing I would never return to that factory :)

Yeah it is one of those DUH moments, so many helpful household hints we never remember!
Ie vinegar around the sink if you have ants, I have had them and bought traps to no avail, rub some vinegar or spray it.

My brother (a former meat cutter who knows all about really sharp knives) showed me that trick years ago. Thanks for the reminder!!!

Back