How to spin this?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tom

Reaction score
Major national ink for the little home town! ... but how do I spin this for a B&B tie in?
Go find the Parade magazine insert from the May 1 Sunday paper and check out page 9, look for "Springfield Ore."

Sorry Tom, that's not a supplement in my newspaper so you may have to reveal a few more details in order for me to offer any suggestions.

that is OK, tom. You just have the most per capita in your City. WV has the most per capita in the State. The curse of being a small State. OK, for those who do not get Parade - it is the clubs with poles that play boom-data-boom-data- cymbal clash- boom!
And I always thought of us as being one of the gold buckles on the Bible Belt!

LINKS PLEASE! Links are our oxygen source. :)
PS Lovely to meet your wife and now she will probably never come back. That is a shame. I have two kids and I wanna whoop some bootie when people act that way, but I can't here. Please tell her we're not all like that. There are great innkeepers and there are difficult ones, just like in any family (dysfunctional family)
cry_smile.gif

LINKS PLEASE! Links are our oxygen source. :).
Links! Links! Oh well. I wanted to set this up as a treasure hunt.
I can't find a link at Parade mag itself, but here is our local response:
http://special.registerguard.com/web/newslocalnews/26198070-41/clubs-strip-springfield-per-laudati.html.csp
For those without access to the recycle bin, among the fun facts to know about the 50 states, our nominal home town is cited as having the most strip clubs per capita.
So ... there are winery tours, covered bridge tours, well, maybe ...

that is OK, tom. You just have the most per capita in your City. WV has the most per capita in the State. The curse of being a small State. OK, for those who do not get Parade - it is the clubs with poles that play boom-data-boom-data- cymbal clash- boom!
And I always thought of us as being one of the gold buckles on the Bible Belt!.
So you do - at least that is what it said in print (which doesn't mean much). Funny - among all the impressions I have of WV, that isn't one of them. Is this something the CofC promotes to boost tourism?

OK, so you're saying you WANT to tie this in with a B&B stay?

I am so not cryptic today. Tom are you saying spin the strip club angle? Attract perverts? Or deter normal people? Sorry I am off track today. Whatever it is, you know what to do! :)

And I always thought of us as being one of the gold buckles on the Bible Belt!.
So you do - at least that is what it said in print (which doesn't mean much). Funny - among all the impressions I have of WV, that isn't one of them. Is this something the CofC promotes to boost tourism?
We do not promote either. My city has more churches than bars, ALL the religions cooperate with each other, but it is not something we promote.
I was surprised at the strip clubs (obvious from the names what they were) when we came back to stay. I remembered week-long revivals at the churches before I moved away. Of course the "blue laws" were just starting to go away when I left. Long ago. It was treated sarcastically on our statewide news programs Monday - we had the most clubs and perhaps that is why we also were the most sleep deprived.
When you consider the 2 LARGEST cities in our State have less than 55,000 each and a city of 15,000 qualifies for one of the 10 largest cities - it would not take many to have most per capita. The entire State has a population of about 1.8 million. We just chuck this in the bin with the other #1 things we get tagged with - none of them good.

This was a failed attempt at ironic humor. I thought the predicament might amuse.

This was a failed attempt at ironic humor. I thought the predicament might amuse..
Tom said:
This was a failed attempt at ironic humor. I thought the predicament might amuse.
Ahh you are one of those dudes who says something funny and if we are super observant might catch a slight smirk but otherwise you tell it straight faced. Gotchya!
Yes, we have those pathetic emoticons to TRY to share the feel of what we write, even then it doesn't work that well.
confused_smile.gif

Back