How to: track QR codes in Google Analytics

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have yet to use my phone to read one or see any need to make one. I am obviously behind.

Good Link! My QR codes all point to a bit.ly address for easy tracking. I use bit.ly for twitter links as well so that I know they are being clicked on. Bit.ly has a great interface for tracking clicks.
http://bit.ly
Todd: There is a native QR reader in all android smartphones. Android smartphones are incredibly ubiquitous (more so than iPhones,) so QR reading is starting to catch on. I started to throw QR codes in all of my printed advertising, and have had many QR scans in the past year.
Not to say iPhone users don't QR scan either, they just have to download an app and presto.
Also: I come across this the other day
http://mashable.com/2011/04/18/qr-code-design-tips/

I have yet to use my phone to read one or see any need to make one. I am obviously behind..
I don't know how to use mine to read them. Is this a short cut to putting in the whole www address in the phone?
RIki

Joey Bloggs said:
[COLOR= rgb(68, 68, 68)]How to: track QR codes in Google Analytics [/COLOR][COLOR= rgb(68, 68, 68)]http://bit.ly/oudkka[/COLOR]
thank you jb! i don't have a smart phone (yet) but friends were talking about 'those weird symbols on print ads and in stores' and thanks to you i read about QR codes here on the forum ... and someone else posted a link on how to generate them ... and i was able to say what they are!
sometimes i feel like i'm limping along technologically ... and that i have to keep forcing myself to keep up.
they asked me how i knew 'all this stuff' and i had to give credit where it's due. told her i'm a member on an INNKEEPING forum. they were all surprised (naughty friends) thinking you all would have the best recipes and cleaning hints ... but internet savvy etc? little do they know!
cheers.gif

Recently the state parks system here were discussing these QR codes and they are considering having them on the hiking trails, at intersections and trail heads. They already use them in some marketing.

Recently the state parks system here were discussing these QR codes and they are considering having them on the hiking trails, at intersections and trail heads. They already use them in some marketing..
Joey Bloggs said:
Recently the state parks system here were discussing these QR codes and they are considering having them on the hiking trails, at intersections and trail heads. They already use them in some marketing.
So, instead of little signs all around the inn, like "No smoking on the porch" and "Come to the Front Door because we won't let you in the back door" and "Don't leave make up on my nice towels" you can use QR codes, 'cause they will read those.
devil_smile.gif
smileystooges.gif

Recently the state parks system here were discussing these QR codes and they are considering having them on the hiking trails, at intersections and trail heads. They already use them in some marketing..
Joey Bloggs said:
So, instead of little signs all around the inn, like "No smoking on the porch" and "Come to the Front Door because we won't let you in the back door" and "Don't leave make up on my nice towels" you can use QR codes, 'cause they will read those.
devil_smile.gif
smileystooges.gif

How cool is that! And you're right, people WILL scan those codes!

Joey Bloggs said:
devil_smile.gif
smileystooges.gif

HA HA too funny...but...you may be on to something. Try something and see what happens.
Here's one: PRIVATE Innkeepers Only!
qrcode.985748.png

http://www.qrstuff.com/

Back