How to use Hotel Reviews for Viral Marketing

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"To incentivize reviews you could award a free weekend each month for the review with the best picture of your hotel. There needs to be something in it for your guests if you want them to promote you."

Well, that's a no-no with many review sites, and unfortunately, far too many properties already engage in shady practices. Of course, far more properties do nothing at all, and thus have no reviews, and thus less business than they could have.

Just goes to show how many do incentivize for reviews. I won't do it, don't even like to ask for reviews in the first place. LOL
I knew everyone would read that line and say ugh, but what about the rest of it? Do we post "LOOK WHAT GUESTS ARE SAYING!" on our blogs or newsletters? We should, we forget to do this, but we should!

Just goes to show how many do incentivize for reviews. I won't do it, don't even like to ask for reviews in the first place. LOL
I knew everyone would read that line and say ugh, but what about the rest of it? Do we post "LOOK WHAT GUESTS ARE SAYING!" on our blogs or newsletters? We should, we forget to do this, but we should!.
Joey Bloggs said:
Do we post "LOOK WHAT GUESTS ARE SAYING!" on our blogs or newsletters? We should, we forget to do this, but we should!
I do...that online reputation has done wonders for this little three-room place.

"To incentivize reviews you could award a free weekend each month for the review with the best picture of your hotel. There needs to be something in it for your guests if you want them to promote you."

Well, that's a no-no with many review sites, and unfortunately, far too many properties already engage in shady practices. Of course, far more properties do nothing at all, and thus have no reviews, and thus less business than they could have..
Little Blue said:

Well, that's a no-no with many review sites, and unfortunately, far too many properties already engage in shady practices. Of course, far more properties do nothing at all, and thus have no reviews, and thus less business than they could have.
Yes, I thought TripAdvisor forbids any kind of reward, even if they are giving it for a picture and not a review...
RIki

Well, that's a no-no with many review sites, and unfortunately, far too many properties already engage in shady practices. Of course, far more properties do nothing at all, and thus have no reviews, and thus less business than they could have..
Little Blue said:

Yes, I thought TripAdvisor forbids any kind of reward, even if they are giving it for a picture and not a review...
RIki
No rewards allowed for TA. I personally know one inn that was almost banned because of it...but they took it down and left them alone.

Back