How Walker Friendly is your neighborhood?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can't even imagine living in an area with higher then 75. as I live in a very busy area of Rio and don't own a car. The BnB scored a 65 which is probably pretty good as we live in a car society there..
As I mentioned, we scored a 91. We have restaurants, an independent movie theater, an independent bookstore, live music, banks, locally-owned shops (although what they categorize as a grocery store is a little sparse) and coffee shops within three or four blocks of the inn. Unless you ate every meal out, you would still need to own a car, but if I don't have to go grocery shopping I can leave my car parked for days at a time.
I love walking in your town. Our town is pretty good to walk in once you drive to get there :-(

I got a 77 out of 100. Caveats here... the info is quite dated with regard to businesses and there's a lot that is not accurate. I think we actually should have scored higher. For entertainment, it picked up the corporate headquarters in our downtown for a large movie chain in the South. What???? And for that same category, doesn't even mention our HUGE performing arts center, historic stage theater, and museums. None of the B&Bs are listed or our large hotel either.
Obviously some glitches....
Oh, did I forget to mention that they didn't include our 18 mile RIVERWALK which is 2.5 blocks from where I'm sitting typing this? ;-)

I got a 51 but it was missing our trailhead, had the drive-in 3.41 miles when it is 2.6, missing some shops and restaurants. We will just have to work on it when I have more time.

It says get in contact with them if it is not accurate so I would do so I am going to as a book shop they have is closed so want to get that taken off.

we get 93 so am happy with that. we have tons of stuff within 10 mins walking so we are lucky.

I have beed studying walkscore for the last 18 months and I do not feel it is as relevant to the hospitality industry(think b and b where the restaurant is downstairs) as it is to the residential market. Sure walking to amenities is ECO friendly and helps gel communities, may save $$$$$ with the price of gas and lack of city parking but that is not what all travellers want. It does not score the beauty of isolation, the scenery and the respite elements of the peaceful surroundings. We have come to the conclusion if it fits the target dermagraphics embed it in the website (as has been suggested) if not the "RESPITE" score should be emphasised. Lucky are those of you whose locations have both.....maybe they are mutually exclusive. JJ

I have beed studying walkscore for the last 18 months and I do not feel it is as relevant to the hospitality industry(think b and b where the restaurant is downstairs) as it is to the residential market. Sure walking to amenities is ECO friendly and helps gel communities, may save $$$$$ with the price of gas and lack of city parking but that is not what all travellers want. It does not score the beauty of isolation, the scenery and the respite elements of the peaceful surroundings. We have come to the conclusion if it fits the target dermagraphics embed it in the website (as has been suggested) if not the "RESPITE" score should be emphasised. Lucky are those of you whose locations have both.....maybe they are mutually exclusive. JJ.
flossy said:
I have beed studying walkscore for the last 18 months and I do not feel it is as relevant to the hospitality industry(think b and b where the restaurant is downstairs) as it is to the residential market. Sure walking to amenities is ECO friendly and helps gel communities, may save $$$$$ with the price of gas and lack of city parking but that is not what all travellers want. It does not score the beauty of isolation, the scenery and the respite elements of the peaceful surroundings. We have come to the conclusion if it fits the target dermagraphics embed it in the website (as has been suggested) if not the "RESPITE" score should be emphasised. Lucky are those of you whose locations have both.....maybe they are mutually exclusive. JJ
It's just a gimmic, nothing less nothing more. I thought everyone knew that? It is not accurate, it is an overview, don't take it for gospel. If you have it boast about it, just something else for us to put on a blog or locations page. If you are a destination in the woods, boast about that.

I've put it on my web site as we come out with 93 which is excellent (never hurts to show something giving you a good score does it?) but if I had come out with 6% I wouldn't have. The badge code they sent me looks nice as well. Have a suspician people won't have a clue what it means anyway.

I actually saw where you can add amenities, like a ton of them missing, but maybe you have to pay for that map! I added our park across the st, three gyms, hospital, historical sites, museums, recreation like lakes, rivers...and there was no way to embed it, oh well, not worth paying for, like we say, "just a gimic." ...says the billionaire who invented the snuggy. UGH

Back