How was 2016

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My business was over twice what I did in 2015, but I more than doubled my guest capacity in 2016, going from 2 rooms to 5, so the increase was expected hoped for! There were lots of nights I could have filled 2 more rooms, if I'd had them. I'm very pleased with how things are going since I opened in early 2013..
See im going bonkers - we have 16 rooms under construction and 2 mad busy events in jan I am turning business away for as its going to be end of jan when we open! nothing more galling than turning away business!
Is this just the new building or are you redoing your whole establishment ?!?
Next door B&B which joins on to us but was more used a halfway house/hostel - went bust finally after limping along for a long time, we managed after 2 years of pratting about with the receiver and confirming funding and so on to purchase 1st of September (woo hoo) as part of the deal PO had 28 days to clear personal possessions - she spent the whole 28 days pratting about and driving us mad which we were fully aware was going to be the case.
really getting cracked on now which is good but we have been handicapped by the fact the competion date kept moving so we couldn't book any trades so they are all coming when they can but we are now gettting past their booked jobs so they can come more ie plumbers are a team of 3 so 2 plumbers for 4 days and 1 on friday makes a big difference. Plus plasters in over the weekend so they have finished 2 rooms and then the electrician can get the sockets on and that's those cleared.
Keep the end result in mind and don't go crazy!
shades_smile.gif
Once the decoration part comes, it will became more fun and exciting! Wishing you all the very best!
Im cool - im fine once I can see action, decsions to be made and getting on with things and progress - it was the dealing with the receiver, pratting about with the bank, crap like that, that had my blood pressure up.
Think of the patience you have earned!
wink_smile.gif
sad_smile.gif
shades_smile.gif

Back