How would you handle this .....

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ukmaineiac

Reaction score
Smallest room booked for two people. Reservation specifies that Mom is staying by herself for the first night and her son (picking him up from camp) will join her the second night.
Not relevant, but she arrives two hours late. Relevant - she arrives with her husband.
..... Me - so who's leaving tomorrow?
BTW - they were fine with blueberry skin.

I would clarify. Does the room have an additional bed for the camper? Do you have an extra person charge for that room? Could be the husband decided to come along at the last minute.

UKMaineiac said:
Smallest room booked for two people. Reservation specifies that Mom is staying by herself for the first night and her son (picking him up from camp) will join her the second night.
Not relevant, but she arrives two hours late. Relevant - she arrives with her husband.
..... Me - so who's leaving tomorrow?
Extra bed?
dttammy1.jpg

Or, because that is a two person room, Mr. & Mrs. Inn Goer, I will have to charge you extra for the third person.
Or Fire law says I cannot have three people in that sized room but I will gladly move you to a room that can accomodate three. That room costs $XXX.XX a night. Will you be staying two or three nights?
welcome.gif

Welcome icon should say, Bye! lol

UKMaineiac said:
Nice! Sometimes it really is all relative. Wishing you a week filled with wonderful, GRATEFUL people!

guests on a booking aren't always named, they may put only one name, even tho we ask for the second person. A kid at camp is probably just a floor sleeper in that guests mind.
I think we have a different mentality to the avg person since we do this day in and day out. We are more specific. People generally are not. If you accept kids, then I wouldn't worry about it til the son shows up. Then charge the extra person, even if he is on the floor sleeping under a towel. LOL

Back