How's the weather?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
rain on cape cod and the south shore. many boats are up out of the water .. grumblings because we don't know if that was necessary or not. our plants and lawns and trees are enjoying the rain and it dropped our humidity. we might get winds in the middle of the night, but so far no..
All the same people would be complaining louder if their boats were trashed and no one 'warned' them! We just like to grumble!
Morticia said:
All the same people would be complaining louder if their boats were trashed and no one 'warned' them! We just like to grumble!
How true. If they prepare well and the storm turns out not to be as bad as expected, they are mad and their weekend was ruined. If they don't prepare well and their boat is destroyed, then they're mad and many weekends were ruined. I always prepare and if folks laugh at me for doing so, oh well. Let's just hope I never have the last laugh (not that I think it's anything to laugh at - it's just an expression). There is a reason my captain fled 100 nautical miles out of Nantucket to keep my friend's boat out of harm. By the time you figure out you need to prepare and that the thumping really is coming, it's too late. Lots of people roll the dice...sometimes they're the bug and sometimes they're the windshield. I'm into being the windshield, myself.

Back