How's your weather?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 26

Reaction score
med_nov2.png
right now where i am it's snowing. earlier we had what some call snain (mix of snow and rain) i like row (mix of rain and snow) but it's changed over to snow and it's a little surprising.
out to the barn in boots to find the ice melt and the shovel to keep the front steps clear. :)
wondering how your weather is?

Right now we are 11c and cloudy according to weather channel. But they are wrong . It is sunny and feeling warmer.

extremely windy here. Blew over our patio canopy and completely destroyed the thing! Strike two today has been a toilet overflow...and it's only 1:30!! Ugh! What does the rest of the day hold??? I don't think I want to know.

Unseasonably mild here, we've just had the warmest Halloween on record in the UK, bit cooler today, but still warmer than it should be.

73 with some cloud cover.
Getting chilly for you, then? I tell people on the mainland that 80 is too hot and 70 is sweater weather. Meanwhile, I moved to NC after living in the north for ten years and we have snow on the ground.

First frost last night, but today - beautiful sunny day. Cloudless sky and +7C. Hope it last whole fall/winter.

on & off drizzly, 56 degrees.
And farther inland, same: Very mild for this time of year; normally we would have had a hard frost by now, but this year I don't think it has gone below 40oF. After a hot, dry summer we had 6.5 inches of rain in the month of October, very welcome and all is green. The river in my back yard is running 5000 cubic feet per second ... that is about 5 times as much water as the City of Los Angeles uses, so I can gloat over our So. Cal. visitors who have brown lawns and arrive here without jackets or umbrellas.

Day 2 of coastal nor'easter with temps in the 40's...going down to mid 30's tonight. Raining and blowing a stink...really howling straight off the Atlantic and making all the double hung windows on the east side of the house sing with every gust. A reminder that it is time to seal up those cracks between the casing and the sash before winter sets in.
We lost power for about 3 hours this morning but no guests this weekend so no worries. We have been nursing along an old oak at the front of the property, hoping that the Cynipid Gall Wasp that has infected it will leave before it totally kills the tree. But last night the wind took 2 large sections of the tree down sooooo...looks like an unexpected expense for 2014 will be to have the tree removed. Sigh. Love that tree. The place will not look the same. JB, you know what I mean...didn't you have a huge tree removed last year?

I started to answer this about 1 PM and then my son Sk yped. We had sun all day - it was beautiful. Temp when son called was 42 F. It is chilly - feels cold after a few days in the mid to high 70s. We are supposed to be in the 60s Tuesday.
DD was happy to be in the squad car last week when Chicago got hit with a nasty snow storm. Snow up in the higher elevations here but we are at about 500 ft above sea level - milder temps usually.

The Nor'easter is gone. The adarandack chairs are strewn all over the lawn. There is a trash can in the pond. Across the street, at the house under construction, the porta-potty fell over!
One room had water coming in a window. We cleaned it up but it was dripping. A really fierce, windy storm.

The Nor'easter is gone. The adarandack chairs are strewn all over the lawn. There is a trash can in the pond. Across the street, at the house under construction, the porta-potty fell over!
One room had water coming in a window. We cleaned it up but it was dripping. A really fierce, windy storm..
Get ready Beachy...another one is on its way for later in the week. Let's hope November takes the hit and Dec-March are a breeze.

One room had water coming in a window. We cleaned it up but it was dripping. A really fierce, windy storm..
Get ready Beachy...another one is on its way for later in the week. Let's hope November takes the hit and Dec-March are a breeze.
Silverspoon said:
cry_smile.gif

just had the chimney sweep in ... five fireplaces in this house, one in my room. sadly, the damper in the one in my room is 'frozen shut' so will require chemicals etc to get it open to see how it looks. guess i'll stick with candles in that one this year. had this vision of a cozy fire in my room but will settle for a wrought iron stacked candle thing
wind has picked up again and the little flames are cheerful.
regular_smile.gif

lrg_2014-11-03_1750.png

just had the chimney sweep in ... five fireplaces in this house, one in my room. sadly, the damper in the one in my room is 'frozen shut' so will require chemicals etc to get it open to see how it looks. guess i'll stick with candles in that one this year. had this vision of a cozy fire in my room but will settle for a wrought iron stacked candle thing
wind has picked up again and the little flames are cheerful.
regular_smile.gif

lrg_2014-11-03_1750.png
That is lovely!

Back