HP touch pad tablet $99?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 26

Reaction score
wasted the day away trying to score a $99 HP touch pad or a $149 larger gb touch pad but no go. sold out everyplace i tried in store and online ... have bookmarked a few places that have them at full price.
they are being discontinued by HP and the kicker is, i was up and walking before 6 am and likely could have got one if i'd realized what was happening ... but didn't know and didn't start trying until 10 am.
sad_smile.gif

finally was able to buy one i think on the hp site ... but they may have actually run out and my money will be refunded.
haven't had this much craziness since cabbage patch dolls, teddy tuxpins, and more recently tickle me elmo!
what strange creatures some of us (me) are

I wouldn't buy something they are discontinuing and wouldn't continue support for. I thought I heard they are getting out of the tablet business.????

Still works on the web. Still has some development and at least one person has rooted one over to Android.

I heard on the news the other night that Best Buy was returning one of the HP pads to HP because they couldn't sell them. I'm not sure which model, but you better make sure you've done your research.
www.padgadget.com/2011/08/17/best-buy-wants-to-return-touchpads-to-hp/.
Best Buy US sent them all back. HP decided to get out of the business.... ordered everyone to sell them out at $99.99 and $149.99 and they all sold out in MINUTES, which proved that there was a market for them, but the price is just too high.

I heard on the news the other night that Best Buy was returning one of the HP pads to HP because they couldn't sell them. I'm not sure which model, but you better make sure you've done your research.
Best Buy US sent them all back. HP decided to get out of the business.... ordered everyone to sell them out at $99.99 and $149.99 and they all sold out in MINUTES, which proved that there was a market for them, but the price is just too high.
Eric Arthur Blair said:
which proved that there was a market for them, but the price is just too high.
That is the case for a lot of things...

Proud Texan said:
i'll take the chance. have IT and tech friends who thought i should try to get one.
"... as you might imagine, today’s news out of HP came as a shock to almost everybody working in the webOS Global Business Unit (formerly known as Palm, Inc.). According to details give to This Is My Next, an all-hands meeting was called, chaired by webOS GBU VP Stephen DeWitt, who made it clear that HP will continue work on webOS, with the likely end goal of licensing the OS. He was reportedly “adamant,” saying that “We are not walking away from webOS,” with the goal of having the platform’s future outlined by within two weeks. HP VP, Personal Systems Group, pointed out that HP could license webOS, since it’s designed to work on popular Qualcomm chips."

Back