HTML format, please?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StonehengeBNB

Reaction score
I'm not sure where to post this, but could someone ask the administrators to have the forums send out their emails in HTML format. It's a bit annoying to have to read around all the HTML tags that appear in my email.
Thanks,
Eriks

That is SWIRT..but I am not sure what you are talking about. I don't show my email.

When I get emails from the forum, they don't show up the way you are seeing them. The very top has a couple of links to member who sent the email, but the rest of it shows up as plain text.
It may be the way your emailer is processing the email when it comes in. OR, there may be a setting in your forum account that asks how you want to receive the mail.
Nope, just went nd checked and there is not an option for email in how do you wish to receive it.

Could be your email client setting. Some of them allow you to turn HTML off.

Is someone emailing you from the forum? And you are getting it in plain text or something?
Maybe do a cut n paste as an example. Not sure what it is either.

If html was used in the post (meaning the author used additional formatting) then that will get sent through as well. The emailing of posts is part of the core of this forum software and I'm not inclined to go altering that. It is something I'd have to keep re-altering every time I do a new security update. Its something I could do, but.... I've got toilets to clean too :(

The emails to which I am referring are the "notices" sent by the forum system to notify me of new additions to posts I wrote or to which I subscribed. The email comes in to my fully-HTML enabled mail client and proceeds to display as plain text with all the HTML tags showing in the text. Makes it very difficult to read. I did not see where I can set my forum email preferences to "HTML or Plain Text", so I am not quite sure what to do about it. My goal is to get my emails in properly displayed HTML since people often use HTML tags in their posts and I would like to "read it as written".
Thanks!

Back