http://www.judysbook.com/ A new consumer "review" website

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tim_Toad_HLB

Reaction score
Hey all, just got a Google alert that someone visited a "listing" for us on a new "review" site I'd never even heard of before.
Looks harmless enough until one looks at your business listing.
Unless I'm reading the solicitation wrong, it looks like in order to respond to any reviews you might receive you MUST join at the rate of $69.00 per six months. There is also a line that says "Receive online ratings and reviews" if you subscribe. I'm hoping that means that if you don't subscribe, you can't even get any reviews.
And we thought the free for all at TA was hard to contend with. At least there if some dirtbag lies through their teeth about you or your place, you can respond without being extorted into paying something.
Anybody else see this site before?

A good thing to keep in mind is that just because Google finds something and reports it in an alert does not mean anyone else will find it. Showing up in an alert is often a far cry from a page 1 or page 2 listing in the SERPS.
The site looks worthless to me. ;)

well i think it's disgraceful if it's as he thinks ... that if someone posts a negative review about YOUR place you have to pay an enrollment fee in order to post a comment defending yourself. i read disclaimer after disclaimer in their terms of service. amazing!

judysbook has been around for sometime and is still almost as small as it was several years ago. I do not think it is much to worry over.

A good thing to keep in mind is that just because Google finds something and reports it in an alert does not mean anyone else will find it. Showing up in an alert is often a far cry from a page 1 or page 2 listing in the SERPS.
The site looks worthless to me. ;).
swirt said:
The site looks worthless to me. ;)
The listing for our B&B is directly lifted from another website REVIEW AND ALL. That's one of the reasons you can't respond to the interview: it doesn't originate on that site. Concure with SWirt, it's worthless. Ain't nobody gonna look at that jive-ass website anyway.

Kudzu is another site lifting reviews verbatim off other sites. I guess they're all desperate for reviews these days in order to try and appear current.

Back