Hurricane Ike

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One guest here from Houston. She had to leave a day early as the airport was shutting down. She spent last night in an airport hotel that ran her $250. Ouch. Now she's hoping her family stays ok back home. She said her husband told her they were expecting to be without power for up to 3 weeks. 95 degrees. All that water. Nothing is going to dry out and all their food will rot.

High winds (40-50 mph with higher gusts) have been battering this area (30 miles north of NOLA) since yesterday afternoon. We are expecting some low areas near the Lake Pontchartrain to have flooding.
The coast lines of Louisiana and southern MS have been hammered with water surge, this after just being hammered 2 weeks ago with Gustov. It is amazing how far off shore this storm is and we are getting this type of affect. This storm is massive!
S. Miami - Glad to hear all is well with you!
P. Texan & all others in SW LA & Texas in Ike's path. Take Care, be safe & our prayers are with you..
We are at this moment in the heart of the hurricane. So far, so good. We still have electricity, water and believe it or not satellite TV. We have one small leak in the ceiling, but that could just be from the horizontal rain.
From what we can see out the windows, there are only small limbs down nothing major. At present, our pond hasn't risen one iota, but that won't come until later when the runoff from upstream creates a surge.
Thank you for your concern thoughts and prayers. I will keep you posted.
We're still here. No damage. No flooding. I have some yard cleanup to do, but that's typical after a big storm.
Glad to hear you are ok.

How did everyone else fare in Ike?.
I haven't heard back from my Houston inn-mate who is actually on vacation to see how their house fared in the storm.
Glad to hear that Proud Texan is OK.
The news reports don't look good for the Galveston area.
We have had an 80 cent gas price hike here in one day because of "anticipated" shortages because of some of the Gulf Coast oil refineries being shut down.

Back