Hurricane Irene

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We have had the high winds all day and white sky, and there is rain to the left and to the right of us. Now massive rolling clouds out there. A child died hit by a tree and a tornado touched down in VA beach this morning. Good radar view HERE
So our guests from Charleston SC are here, amongst others, and our repeat guest is here from "That area" that will be hit severely very soon, he is a retiree. He showed up alone. I asked him where his wife was as I peeked out the door thinking she was right behind him? He said she wanted to stay home and protect the house. I asked how she is right now, has he spoken to her? He replied "Oh we lost power already and the rain is pretty hard"
Me
whattha.gif

I told DH and he about flipped. He said "HE LEFT HIS WIFE AT HOME TO FEND FOR HERSELF IN A HURRICANE!"
They have animals, and I think she may have been one who called yesterday and asked to bring their dog. never identified, but I am sure the ANIMAL shelters are also full up with people taking shelter and evacuating. So she might possibly have stayed home to take care of the pets.
But...he STILL LEFT AND CAME OVER HERE? WHAT THE!
Last visit I liked him, not so sure where I stand on this now.

We have had the high winds all day and white sky, and there is rain to the left and to the right of us. Now massive rolling clouds out there. A child died hit by a tree and a tornado touched down in VA beach this morning. Good radar view HERE
So our guests from Charleston SC are here, amongst others, and our repeat guest is here from "That area" that will be hit severely very soon, he is a retiree. He showed up alone. I asked him where his wife was as I peeked out the door thinking she was right behind him? He said she wanted to stay home and protect the house. I asked how she is right now, has he spoken to her? He replied "Oh we lost power already and the rain is pretty hard"
Me
whattha.gif

I told DH and he about flipped. He said "HE LEFT HIS WIFE AT HOME TO FEND FOR HERSELF IN A HURRICANE!"
They have animals, and I think she may have been one who called yesterday and asked to bring their dog. never identified, but I am sure the ANIMAL shelters are also full up with people taking shelter and evacuating. So she might possibly have stayed home to take care of the pets.
But...he STILL LEFT AND CAME OVER HERE? WHAT THE!
Last visit I liked him, not so sure where I stand on this now..
Sounds like he might be the one rowing with both oars. You can't make other people do what's right but you can at least save yourself. Will he regret leaving her there if she dies? You betcha. Will he think he might have been able to convince her to come? Probably so. Would he want to be there by her side, dying? That's up for grabs.

Back