I am for sale and in Virginia

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gorgeous but a hard sell in Rocky Mount..
so..tell us something we don't know...that is why the owner finally closed the business and is just selling the property with a realtor now. Lot of possibilities for a group home or even say law offices etc.

Amazing how even more spacious this place looks with most guest room furnishings gone- former B&B, beautiful home for sale unfurnished. Buy the home and make it your own. Maintenance has not been deferred.
185 CLAIBORNE AVE
Rocky Mount, VA 24151
$454,900
8 bd 8 full ba 5,152 sqft 0.58 lot with incredible curb appeal
parlor%20012517.jpg

P.S. The realtor is now the one who gets a finder's fee..
That ceiling is gorgeous. Wow.
The sofa got my attention so thank you for pointing out the ceiling to me! It's very nice indeed!
IT must not have sold in the auction...or can't remember when the auction for furnishings was held. I had forgotten that ceiling...beautiful! I can't believe someone has not snatched up this place yet!!!
EmptyNest said:
IT must not have sold in the auction...or can't remember when the auction for furnishings was held. I had forgotten that ceiling...beautiful! I can't believe someone has not snatched up this place yet!!!
Saturday of Easter weekend at local auction house (without spelling it out), the auctioneer could not believe all they had. Filled the warehouse, usually they combine estates for auctions. The innkeepers were just giving it to the new owners, and no one appreciated it.
The new owners could have had $30,000-40,000 in furnishings, and business with excellent website/blog/social media as well as a beautifully maintained and updated 5100 sq ft home.
Those who want to build and furnish from scratch have no idea how much it costs to finish off a B&B.
(Trivia: Gregg Allman played a couple blocks from there last year to a room of 400, his drummer the orig from Allman Brothers Butch Trucks played there this month and died this past week. Just sharing the value found in that little town. A music lover or performer would be in like flynn if they bought that house. They could meet so many performers and really have alot of fun! And they could use it for whatever they wanted). Yes this is the innkeeper below with "Bud" Thornton.
Rock-a-billy%20Bob.jpg

Billy%20Bob%20Thornton-Boxmasters-Harvester%20Performance%20Center%20Au212015.jpg

Shellie%20and%20Billy%20Bob%20Thornton_0.jpg

Amazing how even more spacious this place looks with most guest room furnishings gone- former B&B, beautiful home for sale unfurnished. Buy the home and make it your own. Maintenance has not been deferred.
185 CLAIBORNE AVE
Rocky Mount, VA 24151
$454,900
parlor%20012517.jpg

The sofa got my attention so thank you for pointing out the ceiling to me! It's very nice indeed!
EmptyNest said:
Saturday of Easter weekend at local auction house (without spelling it out), the auctioneer could not believe all they had. Filled the warehouse, usually they combine estates for auctions. The innkeepers were just giving it to the new owners, and no one appreciated it.
The new owners could have had $30,000-40,000 in furnishings, and business with excellent website/blog/social media as well as a beautifully maintained and updated 5100 sq ft home.
Those who want to build and furnish from scratch have no idea how much it costs to finish off a B&B.
(Trivia: Gregg Allman played a couple blocks from there last year to a room of 400, his drummer the orig from Allman Brothers Butch Trucks played there this month and died this past week. Just sharing the value found in that little town. A music lover or performer would be in like flynn if they bought that house. They could meet so many performers and really have alot of fun! And they could use it for whatever they wanted). Yes this is the innkeeper below with "Bud" Thornton.
Rock-a-billy%20Bob.jpg

Billy%20Bob%20Thornton-Boxmasters-Harvester%20Performance%20Center%20Au212015.jpg

Oh yeah an 8 bedroom house with everything!!! If someone had to start from scratch now...BIG BUCKS!!! They will never know what they missed...:-(

185 CLAIBORNE AVE
Rocky Mount, VA 24151
$454,900
parlor%20012517.jpg

EmptyNest said:
Rock-a-billy%20Bob.jpg

Oh yeah an 8 bedroom house with everything!!! If someone had to start from scratch now...BIG BUCKS!!! They will never know what they missed...:-(
that's the thing i keep trying to drum into DH we have 16 rooms to fully furnish - thats 16 kettles which in the UK have become weirdly expensive ($40 each) 64 glasses, 64 mugs (ie you have to have double while one set is in the wash) 64 teaspoons, 16 tea trays, 16 jars for tea and coffee stuff, 16 towel rails, 16 toilet roll holders, 16 spare toilet roll holders, 16 glass shelves for over the sink, 1 million and 1 light bulbs, and so it goes on!

185 CLAIBORNE AVE
Rocky Mount, VA 24151
$454,900
parlor%20012517.jpg

EmptyNest said:
Rock-a-billy%20Bob.jpg

EmptyNest said:
More about the estate auction Saturday of Easter Weekend April 15, 2017
here is a link (nothing is there yet, but check back end or middle of March) it took a team of 6 adults x 9 hours one day, 10 hours the next, then another team of 4 to do 3 more hours that they couldn't fit in the truck the second load.
They never stopped, I cannot even begin to imagine having to move all of this. In reality if we did we would being paying them (mentioning this for anyone who may be closing their inn, not changing hands in the near future).
Then unload it all at the warehouse (each day) and further inventory it, tag it, photograph it, advertise it, then sell it. He will stage the bedroom furniture with quilts etc before the date for current auctions with a rope around it for them to "preview" the biggest auction ever.
He expects people far and wide and this to be the best auction yet, from nosey parkers to collectors. He is also adding some guns to draw the men who bring their wives, and jewelry to draw the woman who brings their men. So if you see a boat load of weapons online (just saying in case anyone thinks we hoarded guns and jewelry).
This is by far the best auctioneer, the ladies serve fried chicken and handpies in the back all day and late into the night. They have a team of helpers who yell out each time you make a big, carry it to your car, etc. (1/4 of what we had we bought from him to begin with!)
People go for the fun of it, we did, and look what happened! He planned it on a holiday weekend when people will be with family and want something to do, he does 100% more $ on holiday sales. And we also let them take EVERYTHING, mirrors, mats, towels, dresser scarves, vintage medicine bottle collections, bric-a-brac, junk and more junk. He said someone WILL buy a box lot of old router cables (DH). That sort of thing.

Back