I am not taking Valentine Guests Again ever.

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sandynn

Reaction score
I have had enough Valentine Day people. I am not doing Valentine Guests anymore. The are usually not bed and breakfast people. They are young people that have just met in the past month and want a romantic night. It is the women who makes the plan, not always but most of the time. He really could care less.
This year I had one book my best room for Saturday Night in January. I sent a reminder of they upcoming visit. They did not show up so I went to run the card for the no show and she had reserved it with a visa for food stamps. In our state food stamps come on a prepaid visa card. We called the number she gave and of course they said no one was there by that name. We looked up the address under her name and it was legit. I won't ever tell the other story of one of my other rooms for this year. I just am not doing Valentines day again.
I called my friend to vent and she said the same thing she doesn't like Valentine Guests either. She has her stories too.
I don't know or care if people are married but I would like them to be in a committed relationship because they are more responsible.
Every year it is more stories like this. This is only one.
I know if I had ran the card before I would have known but I don't run it before and never have a problem.
Thanks for letting me vent.

Oh I hate that. We get that kind not on Valentine's Day but when people call to book the same evening. I have finally learned to ask for the credit card for immediate payment. They never show up!
Riki

I had a two night no show on Valentine's weekend as well. Since I was not able to get v-codes I have not bothered to download the cc details onto my own pc, I had left it online at webervations, when needed I would get the cc details and run the card #.
I discovered my Webervations had somehow defaulted to "delete credit card details 3 days after BOOKING date" after some issues with it, I am not sure why there would even be a setting for this, as ALL bookings are in the future, so we need the cc info, I have never run a 2 or 3 night stay in full up front.
So I had no information to run and was left holding the bag. Every credit card # was removed from my system for all future bookings, and I had spoken to tech support and there is no way to recover any credit card information. It was reset to remove the cc info a few days after CHECK OUT, the way it should be.
This all happened with some glitch in the system when I updated weberv's which i have had for nearly 6 years, and have kept the same settings the entire time. Try telling tech support this, they assume you are some techno-ninny.
Just as an fyi. I am now on Reservation Key, as of yesterday. I told them I was so thrilled to find them I would let other innkeepers know. I was offered a 6 month free trial to rezOvations for my troubles which I did not want.

I had a two night no show on Valentine's weekend as well. Since I was not able to get v-codes I have not bothered to download the cc details onto my own pc, I had left it online at webervations, when needed I would get the cc details and run the card #.
I discovered my Webervations had somehow defaulted to "delete credit card details 3 days after BOOKING date" after some issues with it, I am not sure why there would even be a setting for this, as ALL bookings are in the future, so we need the cc info, I have never run a 2 or 3 night stay in full up front.
So I had no information to run and was left holding the bag. Every credit card # was removed from my system for all future bookings, and I had spoken to tech support and there is no way to recover any credit card information. It was reset to remove the cc info a few days after CHECK OUT, the way it should be.
This all happened with some glitch in the system when I updated weberv's which i have had for nearly 6 years, and have kept the same settings the entire time. Try telling tech support this, they assume you are some techno-ninny.
Just as an fyi. I am now on Reservation Key, as of yesterday. I told them I was so thrilled to find them I would let other innkeepers know. I was offered a 6 month free trial to rezOvations for my troubles which I did not want..
Wow...this is incredible. And welcome back, BTW, your presence here is always missed.
YOU were always my biggest tech support for Webervations!!! I am so glad you found something you like though, keep us posted on the usability and functionality of it. You did yourself a HUGE favor by not taking the free trial on the other one, as you know from my experience.
And boo! to your no-show, I hope you at least called them.

Just as an fyi. I am now on Reservation Key, as of yesterday. I told them I was so thrilled to find them I would let other innkeepers know. I was offered a 6 month free trial to rezOvations for my troubles which I did not want..
Bummer about your Webervations system. I hope that the new system works out. Welcome back!!

Bummer about your Webervations system. I hope that the new system works out. Welcome back!!
Samster said:
Thanks so much!

Back