I am officially a crazy person!

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got a bacterial throat infection now which i am sure is due to all the stress however all the scaffolding is down! so you can actually see my place again. Just the new roof to save up for next year and then all the majour work is done unless I decide to knock the old kitchen on the back down and build and extension but that might just cut the last thread of my sanity! (like strep throat for the Americans) just generally feel really grumpy.

Got a bacterial throat infection now which i am sure is due to all the stress however all the scaffolding is down! so you can actually see my place again. Just the new roof to save up for next year and then all the majour work is done unless I decide to knock the old kitchen on the back down and build and extension but that might just cut the last thread of my sanity! (like strep throat for the Americans) just generally feel really grumpy..
Got a bacterial throat infection now which i am sure is due to all the stress however all the scaffolding is down! so you can actually see my place again. Just the new roof to save up for next year and then all the majour work is done unless I decide to knock the old kitchen on the back down and build and extension but that might just cut the last thread of my sanity! (like strep throat for the Americans) just generally feel really grumpy.
Be sure to take care of that! My 8th grade year I vowed I was going to have Perfect Attendance so I did not let on to my Mom that I was sick. the last day before Easter vacation all I did all day at school was put my head down and sleep. Got off the bus and could not hide it any longer - even Mom saw I was sick. It was OK because we were on Easter vacation now. Doctor said one more day and it would have been meningitis. Topper? The teacher did not fill out the Perfect Attendance forms!!!!!

Nice! I like your comment about "cowboys" doing work in any building over 10 years old. We definitely discovered that here.
its a fricking nightmare in room 8 instead of drilling through the joists to lay the bathroom waste pipes they have just cut huge chunks out of them! my neighbour has a bedroom over her kitchen and she always knew when they were getting up cos the floor squeeked. They were doing some work in that room and decided to pull the floor up and sort the squeek once and for all. The floor joists had been completely cut through (for no apparent reason) whole ruddy floor could have gone at any time! Plus all the plumbing here is connected up in ways not even plumbers can understand. We have a toilet in room 10 which the waste pipe goes directly from the room into and outside wall (ie should come straight out the wall on the other side as it is not a cavety wall) but it doesn't we have no clue where it goes? have had architects and plumbers and builders look at it and they have no clue either so we just have to hope it doesn't get blocked! Also when they put in anything there are no isolator valves on anything so you have to cut water to the whole building to do something as simple as change a tap as we do work we have them put on everything ie sinks, toilets, radators so we can easily cut them off next time but its a fricking nightmare the guy at the plumbing supply place is nearly a family friend!

Cambs,
I think the crew was doing a pilot for a new TV situation comedy, maybe the producer forgot to tell you ...

Cambs,
I think the crew was doing a pilot for a new TV situation comedy, maybe the producer forgot to tell you ....
Wouldn't be surprised! especially with my mum doing faulty towers impressions of helping!

Cambs,
I think the crew was doing a pilot for a new TV situation comedy, maybe the producer forgot to tell you ....
Wouldn't be surprised! especially with my mum doing faulty towers impressions of helping!
"I can speek Engleesh, I learned it from a bouk."
We love that show. Even tho it was only 12 episodes it seemed like so many more.

Nice! I like your comment about "cowboys" doing work in any building over 10 years old. We definitely discovered that here.
its a fricking nightmare in room 8 instead of drilling through the joists to lay the bathroom waste pipes they have just cut huge chunks out of them! my neighbour has a bedroom over her kitchen and she always knew when they were getting up cos the floor squeeked. They were doing some work in that room and decided to pull the floor up and sort the squeek once and for all. The floor joists had been completely cut through (for no apparent reason) whole ruddy floor could have gone at any time! Plus all the plumbing here is connected up in ways not even plumbers can understand. We have a toilet in room 10 which the waste pipe goes directly from the room into and outside wall (ie should come straight out the wall on the other side as it is not a cavety wall) but it doesn't we have no clue where it goes? have had architects and plumbers and builders look at it and they have no clue either so we just have to hope it doesn't get blocked! Also when they put in anything there are no isolator valves on anything so you have to cut water to the whole building to do something as simple as change a tap as we do work we have them put on everything ie sinks, toilets, radators so we can easily cut them off next time but its a fricking nightmare the guy at the plumbing supply place is nearly a family friend!
They will need to put in angle iron or something similar to shore up your joists after doing that. We had idiots here that did that and there was a toilet right over one of those areas! When you sat down on it the floor would give way (even for the thinnest person btw). When we demo'd the middle of our upstairs to put in all the new baths, we discovered it....and more! Don't let them just "scab" the joists with some wood, make them use angle iron or something that restores the structure of the beam.
Sorry that happened to you....
People are idjits sometimes when it comes to renovations.

Got a bacterial throat infection now which i am sure is due to all the stress however all the scaffolding is down! so you can actually see my place again. Just the new roof to save up for next year and then all the majour work is done unless I decide to knock the old kitchen on the back down and build and extension but that might just cut the last thread of my sanity! (like strep throat for the Americans) just generally feel really grumpy..
uh oh...hope you feel better soon!!

They will need to put in angle iron or something similar to shore up your joists after doing that. We had idiots here that did that and there was a toilet right over one of those areas! When you sat down on it the floor would give way (even for the thinnest person btw). When we demo'd the middle of our upstairs to put in all the new baths, we discovered it....and more! Don't let them just "scab" the joists with some wood, make them use angle iron or something that restores the structure of the beam.
Sorry that happened to you....
People are idjits sometimes when it comes to renovations.
fortunately we have super thick joists and they havn't cut out enough to be dangerous but it does affect how fast the showers drain away as there isn't much drop and you can't put in more drop without replacing the joists now cos of the idiots. I am forever telling people it is just slow there isn't a problem. (its not super slow just slightly) might try and counteract it when we do the next two bathrooms by lifting the shower trays a bit higher (ie building them up) to make more of a drop have to see.

Back