I am so upset.

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Farmers Daughter

Reaction score
My phone hasn't rung much in the past week. Recently I received the news of the unexpected death of someone close to me. Today was the funeral.
I am on my way out to my car and obviously dressed completely in black, when a silver mercedes coupe with an NY plate pulls in next to me in the parking lot.
Immediately I freeze. I couldn't have possible forgot that guests were arriving....could I?
The drivers side window rolls down and says something about us being hard to find way out here in the country...blah...blah...blah...and they want a room.
I apologized and explained that I was not expecting them. The Inn was closed and I was leaving for a funeral.
You should have seen the look they gave me! They were put out. They were inconvenienced.
"What the hell kinda place is this???" the woman actually shouted at me.
They thru the car into reverse spewing gravel and dust everywhere. (especially visable on black) and drove off.
I was in tears before I even got to the funeral. Some people are just awful.

It's a closed place with a grieving innkeeper. Some people ARE just awful... beyond awful... undescribably awful. I am so sorry that happened to you because it was so very, very wrong.
You wouldn't have wanted them there, even if it's a slow time of year!
And I'm so sorry about your loss... made worse by inconsiderate boors. Ugh, that sucks.
=(
Kk.

it's a small business ... not a big hotel with big staff. rude behavior without a thought of what you just said other than that the place is closed. i'm so sorry.

Please accept my condolences on the loss of your friend and on the boorish behavior of someone of the sub-species.

Sorry for your loss and the rudness of those inconsiderate and selfish individuals. My hope is that they have your words echo in their minds for the rest of their vacation.

Those are motel guest not bed and breakfast guest. You would not have enjoyed their company. Hope today is a brighter day for you
regular_smile.gif
Mary in Bridgewater.

So sorry to hear of your loss! Forget about those nasty people.
RIki

Thanks everyone. I wasn't expecting anyone and it just threw me for a loop. I was so distracted and upset over the whole thing. I have guests coming for this weekend and I am trying to pull it together. I hope today will be better.

I completely agree you never want people like that in your place even if they paid with solid gold ingots. I would have been on the phone to make sure they didn't get in anywhere else either. Sorry about your friend. Those people even lack basic human decency.

((FD)) I'm with the others. You don't need people like that under any circumstances.
Condolences on your loss.

"What the hell kinda place is this???" the woman actually shouted at me.
It is obviously not a place for her! Sorry that you had to experience that.
BBBBoB

So sorry for your loss. :-( These kind of people belong in a motel...not a nice B & B. Forget about them!

Thanks everyone. I wasn't expecting anyone and it just threw me for a loop. I was so distracted and upset over the whole thing. I have guests coming for this weekend and I am trying to pull it together. I hope today will be better..
The Farmers Daughter said:
Thanks everyone. I wasn't expecting anyone and it just threw me for a loop. I was so distracted and upset over the whole thing. I have guests coming for this weekend and I am trying to pull it together. I hope today will be better.
My condolences to you FD. Try to forget about those dreadful people. Having guests this weekend might actually be a good thing for you. I lost my mother about 3 weeks ago during a very busy week and I was afraid I would not be able to cope with interactions with guests. It actually had the opposite affect. It helped me get through that toughest first week. My guests had no idea what had just happened and it gave me strength to pull myself together and focus on them instead of totally on my grief. When I knew that my eyes were red and watery, I would just make a comment that I was having an allergy attack...no one knew the difference.
Our hearts go out to you and if you need some moral support we're here for you.

So sorry for your loss and having to deal with those arrogant people while you were on the way to your friend's funeral. Makes you wonder.......

I am sorry for your loss, sorry for those jerks, but God has a strange way of weeding out some of the riff-raff for us, doesn't he. Good riddance to them!
Please Lord...will you weed out the rest of them for us too?
Work is good medicine. Always does it for me in times like these. Hang in there!

Thanks everyone. I wasn't expecting anyone and it just threw me for a loop. I was so distracted and upset over the whole thing. I have guests coming for this weekend and I am trying to pull it together. I hope today will be better..
My condolences to you FD. Try to forget about those dreadful people. Having guests this weekend might actually be a good thing for you. I lost my mother about 3 weeks ago during a very busy week and I was afraid I would not be able to cope with interactions with guests. It actually had the opposite affect. It helped me get through that toughest first week. My guests had no idea what had just happened and it gave me strength to pull myself together and focus on them instead of totally on my grief. When I knew that my eyes were red and watery, I would just make a comment that I was having an allergy attack...no one knew the difference.
Diva, I am so sorry about your Mom. Please accept my condolences.

BD, So very sorry to hear about your loss. My condolences to you and your family.

Back