I did it! All by myself (sort of)

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gillumhouse

Staff member
Reaction score
When AGoodman had her auction, she said she would send me the stair rugs if I bid and won. I did and she did. They looked real nice on my stairs. The sort of is because DH made a template to center the treads on the stairs. Once he was satisfied (hmpfff) I was doing it to suit him, he went back in his "hole" and left me alone and I did it!! All 13 treads are tacked down. They had rubber backing, but neither of us were happy with just that.
One more chore bit the dust - and it is done before our next guests come in. Pin a rose on me! Here is the photo.
BlogStairs.JPG

you were totally right not to just rely on rubber backing you know how guests are they will find a way to have an accident! Bet it looks fab and hope goodman is ok its really rough right now.

That looks really nice!
I was going to do a runner on my stairs but am now looking for these tread rugs instead.

That looks really nice!
I was going to do a runner on my stairs but am now looking for these tread rugs instead..
I was afraid if a runner or carpet on stairs - heels get caught in carpet or slide on the slick carpet surface - KERPLOP! Stairs are interesting enough normally. The stairs are quieter with the rug treads and (I think) less slick than wet shoes on the wood.

Back