"I didn't take that room!"

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Madeleine

Reaction score
OK, the booking software did not change the room in the middle of the process. You DID select that room. You actually had the chance to READ the whole thing WITH THE TOTAL COST before you hit send.
Thus the email this morning accusing me of putting them in a room they can't afford. And they KNOW that's not the room they picked.

I suspect this happens occasionally and people realize THEIR mistake and don't say anything. They look at rooms and descriptions of things they aren't familiar with, and get confused. Or dyslexia makes them think of one arrival date and click on another. Then they don't bother to double check before clicking the purchase button.
But none of this is YOUR fault. Can't stand people who make mistakes and can't admit it to themselves, or worse, know it's their fault but try to pass it off on someone else.

I've had them complain they didn't book those dates, but NEVER the wrong room! Geez people, take some personal responsibility!
Did they see the mistake quickly, and were you able to switch rooms?

I've had them complain they didn't book those dates, but NEVER the wrong room! Geez people, take some personal responsibility!
Did they see the mistake quickly, and were you able to switch rooms?.
Luckily, the room they meant to book was still open.

Back