"I don't eat that..."

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Morticia

Reaction score
Heard this morning when one guest asked what was for breakfast and another guest chimed in to let us know that was not something she ate and she would just have...
Cannot wait until January. SO fed up with 'I don't want that...'
And, no, she refused to eat the cereal option.
Along with all the allergies we have been told about there's the crap about what someone doesn't want.

And then a request to be sure we don't break the Christmas ornaments they bought when we clean the room.
So, where would YOU put fragile ornaments you didn't want the clumsy innkeeper to break? In your suitcase? On a chair or the bed? Or, would you leave them on the floor in a plastic bag?

You are on my radar today. I told a story about something like that this morning and I saw him eye her... or lift one eyebrow in her direction...and then I saw him eat half her breakfast. Good, eat it.
I have this room checking in today, this was on the rez:
Notes No Wheat No Dairy No Eggs No Nuts Sorry about making things difficult.
I inquired what can you eat? and he said bacon. No I am not kidding. He also said she would like some eggs on Sunday morning, and so on... you get the picture. The usual trend...I mentioned bringing his own food if he can't eat basic breakfast foods.

You are on my radar today. I told a story about something like that this morning and I saw him eye her... or lift one eyebrow in her direction...and then I saw him eat half her breakfast. Good, eat it.
I have this room checking in today, this was on the rez:
Notes No Wheat No Dairy No Eggs No Nuts Sorry about making things difficult.
I inquired what can you eat? and he said bacon. No I am not kidding. He also said she would like some eggs on Sunday morning, and so on... you get the picture. The usual trend...I mentioned bringing his own food if he can't eat basic breakfast foods..
JBloggs said:
I mentioned bringing his own food if he can't eat basic breakfast foods.
[h2]
thumbs_up.gif
thumbs_up.gif
thumbs_up.gif
!!![/h2]

And now, at 8 pm, Gomez is at the grocery store because we suddenly have 3 diabetics and 1 no butter who can't eat the starter course.
So I now have 14 servings of Apple crisp set up and I have to figure out in the morning which 4 guests can't eat this because i didn't do the check-ins so I don't know. And he can't remember which rooms have the problems.
6 more weeks.

There are days when my friends here make me glad that we don't serve food and our guests are simple mostly happy folks.
Guess I was also taught to eat what was put in front of me or politely decline. I'm a diabetic and watch my sugar, but I expect I'd volunteer to eat the apple crisp the other guest refused

There are days when my friends here make me glad that we don't serve food and our guests are simple mostly happy folks.
Guess I was also taught to eat what was put in front of me or politely decline. I'm a diabetic and watch my sugar, but I expect I'd volunteer to eat the apple crisp the other guest refused

Guess I was also taught to eat what was put in front of me or politely decline. I'm a diabetic and watch my sugar, but I expect I'd volunteer to eat the apple crisp the other guest refused.
JimBoone said:
And then you can please them and have happy guests. Sometimes things feel daunting because we ask and they tell. In their minds they are helping us out, most of them.
I have an allergy and would let them know, and if I didn't I would not eat that item. I don't prefer runny eggs, etc etc. I am with you,I would do my best if someone cooked for and served me, youbetchya! I was not raised this way, my family are the worst. They waste. I am cut from a different cloth. Now my kids know how to be frugal and not waste.
Today, I considered,momentarily if I would put this beautiful wood mix of mushrooms into the eggs. I don't even like them, and then opted not. My husband would adore eggs with mushies, he was trying to get me to add them so he could have them. But if it is 50% won't like,I won't chance it.
Our man left the table satisfied, I discovered he DOES like hashbrowns. So he had plenty to eat and offered to bring his plate into the kitchen. :)

Guess I was also taught to eat what was put in front of me or politely decline. I'm a diabetic and watch my sugar, but I expect I'd volunteer to eat the apple crisp the other guest refused.
JimBoone said:
And PS Jim most B&B's I have been to (not forum innmates but reg B&B's) serve over the top in the sweet department for breakfast, so that is one I would watch for.

this is becoming a big movement in the uk - reduce food waste - http://www.hotelowner.co.uk/7722-hotel-breakfast-buffets-food-waste-nightmare/
However we cook to order and still bin a lot people just have no thought - ie guest in for 4 days 2 days didn't eat tomatoes - said why don't I leave off the tomatoes you don't seem to like them? "oh yes"

Beating head on desk - Gomez tells me guest says 'super low carb diet please'. I come up with a bunch of things he can make over the next couple of days. He then says, 'made a mistake, it's low cholesterol...'. Every idea, pffttt, right out the window. I tell him to go vegan, just make the vegan recipes. He can't remember any vegan recipes.
OK, back to the laundry.

Beating head on desk - Gomez tells me guest says 'super low carb diet please'. I come up with a bunch of things he can make over the next couple of days. He then says, 'made a mistake, it's low cholesterol...'. Every idea, pffttt, right out the window. I tell him to go vegan, just make the vegan recipes. He can't remember any vegan recipes.
OK, back to the laundry..
easy boiled cabbage 1st day - boiled sprouts the next - and then broccoli - no trouble at all

Israel chopped salad. Eggs, poached.

Israel chopped salad. Eggs, poached.
No eggs. And hey, you know me, no veggies!
Guest brought own food which it would have been nice to know in advance.

Back