I dont feel like it

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBloggs

Reaction score
First innspiration for innkeepers for 2011
[FONT= 'Trebuchet MS']from Seth Godin's Blog[/h3]
I don't feel like it[/h3]What's it?
Why do you need to feel like something in order to do the work? They call it work because it's difficult, not because it's something you need to feel like.
Very few people wake up in the morning and feel like taking big risks or feel like digging deep for something that has eluded them. People don't usually feel like pushing themselves harder than they've pushed before or having conversations that might be uncomfortable.
Of course, your feelings are irrelevant to whether or not the market expects great work. Do the work. Ignore the feelings part and the work will follow.
TrackBack URL for this entry:
http://www.typepad.com/services/trackback/6a00d83451b31569e20128768f9f7b970c[/FONT]

Second innspiration of the same theme
from Real Living Blog
I Just Don't Feel Like It[/h3] I just don't feel like it. Have you ever heard anybody say that before? Have you ever said it? (Oh, maybe you haven't said it, but maybe you've felt it?) "I just don't feel like waking up this morning." "I just don't feel like going to work." "I just don't feel like dieting." "I just don't feel like eating my vegetables." "I just don't feel like being a parent to an ornery child." "I just don't feel like being married anymore to him (or her)." We've all dealt with "I just don't feel like it" feelings. Agree? But then we continue on, don't we? Most of us. We press through despite our feelings. We get out of bed. We go to work. We diet, eat our vegetables, parent that child and stay married. That's what they call: "commitment." At Normandy they didn't feel like hitting those beaches realizing they would die doing it, but they did it any way. The Nazi death camps would still be in existence without that kind of sacrifice. Commitment, perseverance, honor, love, et al, are still virtues to be talked about and embraced today. "I just don't feel like" letting my feelings get in the way. (Thanks to Seth Godin for the idea for this post. I saw his title, "I Don't Feel Like It," out of the corner of my eye, but didn't read his post until after writing mine.)

Well now this is interesting, because I think as innkeepers we automatically fall into the exact opposite end of the spectrum...though we may think "I don't feel like it", we ALWAYS do it anyway! Here's to giving US a break...you are allowed to have days when you just don't feel like it, don't do it, and don't feel bad about it!

And the problem with 'not feeling like it' is that 'it' is still waiting for you after you've done all the stuff you felt like doing!

And the problem with 'not feeling like it' is that 'it' is still waiting for you after you've done all the stuff you felt like doing!.
OOoooo, you peeked! Yep, that pile of pillowcases waiting for the appointment with the dreaded ironing board does not get any smaller.... It just sits there staring at me..... Maybe if I promise me that I can go to SC if i get that pile GONE (without sticking it in a closet)

Joey Bloggs said:
I didn't want to tend to them, I wanted my own time, I went anyway
teeth_smile.gif
That's my point! You will ALWAYS "do it anyway". There are many people in all different walks of life who just wouldn't. THEY should be reading the article!
My personal 2011 goal: Stop judging it ALL. Everyone is really trying to do their best, as am I. It's good enough.

And the problem with 'not feeling like it' is that 'it' is still waiting for you after you've done all the stuff you felt like doing!.
OOoooo, you peeked! Yep, that pile of pillowcases waiting for the appointment with the dreaded ironing board does not get any smaller.... It just sits there staring at me..... Maybe if I promise me that I can go to SC if i get that pile GONE (without sticking it in a closet)
gillumhouse said:
The problem with waiting is the pile weighs on your mind, dragging everything else down with it. Not that I don't do the same thing myself! Today the tree comes down. Whew! Load off my mind. The rest of the decor can stay up a few more day. We took the garland off the stairs last week because we had a guest with vision impairment and we didn't want him to panic if he felt something (the garland) touch his hand as he used the banister. The house is slowly coming undone!

Well now this is interesting, because I think as innkeepers we automatically fall into the exact opposite end of the spectrum...though we may think "I don't feel like it", we ALWAYS do it anyway! Here's to giving US a break...you are allowed to have days when you just don't feel like it, don't do it, and don't feel bad about it!.
I don't think so. I think every job is the same. We have to do what we have to do.
I am posting this for anyone who is interested in innspiration, that is all, if you don't need any then you can just pass it by. I like to read things on how to improve things, business, personal etc. That is what it is about. I need inspiration in my life, I don't like being in a rutt. Any uplifting words to encourage me are beneficial at any time. I don;t post these innspirations as criticism of anyone, it is something I found to be uplifting and thought others might enjoy as well. (I feel the need to explain this as often time the posts are swatted back like ping pong balls on the forum, someone somewhere might enjoy reading it)

Loved it-its that way many times specially when we had a house full of kids that sentence was there all the time, but of course we always said "too bad-cause its just gonna be waiting for you later" so it makes me crazy cause sometimes i just have to let it go and can't-hubbie is MUCH BETTER at that than I am and I think its just cause I would much rather get it done and not have it over my head later if something comes up later and i didn't get it done than i would have to forgo something that may be fun. Just my way of thinking though.
Perserverence and commitment sometimes gets lost with the "now" generation.

Joey Bloggs said:
teeth_smile.gif
That's my point! You will ALWAYS "do it anyway". There are many people in all different walks of life who just wouldn't. THEY should be reading the article!
My personal 2011 goal: Stop judging it ALL. Everyone is really trying to do their best, as am I. It's good enough..
It is not whether you will do it anyway or not - it is WHEN will you do it. Nothing gets me in gear like a phone call with a reservation. I will think about it, know I have to do it, but in-coming will "stir the stumps". I did not have my Christmas stuff up until I got a reservation for a honeymoon - did more in 4 hours than I had done all week. Now I have to take it down again. Took down part of the outside stuff a couple days ago - earlier than normal - because we had a warm day. Now I have to tear down the inside stuff.

Joey Bloggs said:
teeth_smile.gif
My personal 2011 goal: Stop judging it ALL. Everyone is really trying to do their best, as am I. It's good enough..
It is not whether you will do it anyway or not - it is WHEN will you do it. Nothing gets me in gear like a phone call with a reservation. I will think about it, know I have to do it, but in-coming will "stir the stumps". I did not have my Christmas stuff up until I got a reservation for a honeymoon - did more in 4 hours than I had done all week. Now I have to take it down again. Took down part of the outside stuff a couple days ago - earlier than normal - because we had a warm day. Now I have to tear down the inside stuff.
And my stuff is still up because partner spent the better part of the day buying VHS tapes to record a program and then 3 hours figuring out how to make the VCR, TV & dish work in concert. What we needed was a 10 year old.

Joey Bloggs said:
teeth_smile.gif
And my stuff is still up because partner spent the better part of the day buying VHS tapes to record a program and then 3 hours figuring out how to make the VCR, TV & dish work in concert. What we needed was a 10 year old.
Alibi Ike said:
Hate to tell you a 10 year has probably not been around many VHS tapes.
Dvd's came out in 1996. (Not calling anyone old! haha)

Joey Bloggs said:
teeth_smile.gif
gillumhouse said:
I will think about it, know I have to do it, but in-coming will "stir the stumps".
I know we have a forum glossary but now we need a Kathleen glossary.
wink_smile.gif

Joey Bloggs said:
teeth_smile.gif
Alibi Ike said:
Just meant the kid could make all of the electronics work in sync. Never considered the kid wouldn't know what the tape was!

Joey Bloggs said:
teeth_smile.gif
Alibi Ike said:
Reminds me when Dvd's first came out DH tried to figure out how to rewind one!

Joey Bloggs said:
teeth_smile.gif
Alibi Ike said:
white pine said:
What I dislike about DVD's is that, unlike an audio tape, if I pop it out of the car player so it doesn't melt in the heat, too bad for me. Start over to hear my stories.

Back