"I don't want that room, it has 2 beds!"

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Morticia

Reaction score
Did I mention this before? Guys WILL NOT book a room with 2 beds! Especially single guys traveling with an 'unknown' girlfriend. (As in he hasn't decided who is coming with him on this weekend.)

It's interesting but I've had a couple of people (all ages) mention that they didn't want a room with 2 beds, too. Seems weird to me.....

Sometimes I think they think there is a higher price for a room with two beds. In our case, that room is one of our smaller rooms and it is one of the lower prices.
First for us - a single woman in our room with two beds; slept in both beds and ripped a towel hook right off the bathroom wall without mentioning it on her way out. Thanks a lot...
Jeanne

Sometimes I think they think there is a higher price for a room with two beds. In our case, that room is one of our smaller rooms and it is one of the lower prices.
First for us - a single woman in our room with two beds; slept in both beds and ripped a towel hook right off the bathroom wall without mentioning it on her way out. Thanks a lot...
Jeanne.
No, this guy knew the prices, he was looking at the pix while I was telling him what was open. He sounded aghast! NO! I don't want a room with 2 beds!

Jeanne.
Our room with 2 Queen sized beds is our lowest priced room because of the clawfoot tub bathroom but it's a spacious room with a nice sitting area with electric fireplace. I thought it was going to be our "plague" room because of the clawfoot tub but it's gaining popularity recently. It certainly doesn't look hotel-like (I know yours doesn't either) but I wonder if that has anything to do with the 2 bed objection, too much like a hotel?? Thoughts??

Jeanne.
Our room with 2 Queen sized beds is our lowest priced room because of the clawfoot tub bathroom but it's a spacious room with a nice sitting area with electric fireplace. I thought it was going to be our "plague" room because of the clawfoot tub but it's gaining popularity recently. It certainly doesn't look hotel-like (I know yours doesn't either) but I wonder if that has anything to do with the 2 bed objection, too much like a hotel?? Thoughts??
I don't think you'll have any problem due to it's being too hotel-like - spacious with a sitting area, fireplace and clawfoot won't sound too hotel-like to anyone. I think I mentioned before that our plague room with the detached bath is renting more frequently now even when other rooms are available. The price point will get some people in, for sure.
Jeanne

Yeah, that is creepy
thumbs_down.gif

Good thinkin' to give him that cancellation restriction.
My clawfoot room is one of my most expensive, but I don't have whirlpools in any rooms.
Jeanne

Jeanne.
I don't think you'll have any problem due to it's being too hotel-like - spacious with a sitting area, fireplace and clawfoot won't sound too hotel-like to anyone. I think I mentioned before that our plague room with the detached bath is renting more frequently now even when other rooms are available. The price point will get some people in, for sure.
Jeanne
I think I mentioned before that our plague room with the detached bath is renting more frequently now even when other rooms are available.
Funny, I don't think a "plague room" would go over well here...
tounge_smile.gif

Jeanne.
Jeanne
I think I mentioned before that our plague room with the detached bath is renting more frequently now even when other rooms are available.
Funny, I don't think a "plague room" would go over well here...
tounge_smile.gif

Haha! That was a label that got attached on the other forum to a B&B's most difficult to book room :)
That's why I have our rooms blocked out through the weekend...didn't want guests to think that this was a "plague" B&B. Especially since I still have the cough with wheezing despite all these meds
confused_smile.gif
ugh.

Jeanne.
You can't see the other bed in the pic, so it's not a layout issue.
I would bet money it is because he's not sure about her and knows if there is a second bed she has a 'choice'. (Which brings up issues I don't even want to get into in regard to what he's thinking about her if there's only one bed. ie- that she doesn't have a choice.)
Why do you think a clawfoot tub is a 'bad' thing? Did we talk about this before? Around here a clawfoot tub is a premium room!

Jeanne.
You can't see the other bed in the pic, so it's not a layout issue.
I would bet money it is because he's not sure about her and knows if there is a second bed she has a 'choice'. (Which brings up issues I don't even want to get into in regard to what he's thinking about her if there's only one bed. ie- that she doesn't have a choice.)
Why do you think a clawfoot tub is a 'bad' thing? Did we talk about this before? Around here a clawfoot tub is a premium room!
We talked about the clawfoot tub thing on the other forum. Some folks find them difficult to get in & out of, don't appreciate the fact that it's original to the house, etc. I talk up how nice the shower is in that tub...almost like a rain head shower with the porcelain head. Also, talk up the bubble bath in there for a nice soak.
It's the competition here...with the separate tubs and showers plus steam showers and giant jetted tubs. Which of course we have in our cottage. Interesting, our Main House rooms are renting better now. Who woulda thunk??

Back