I finally conqured it!

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sunshine

Reaction score
My BIG PROJECT! I have been working on this for the past 8 years! I always gave up cuz had 130 years of patina on it. It was so tarnished it looked black and darker than the paint on the door around it. And of course when I gave up, it went back to being tarnished... :( But today, I didn't give up and worked for over 2 hours.... heres the result
teeth_smile.gif
YAY! I am pleased with the result! Well worth the effort!
door%20s.jpg

An Antiques Road Show they always say to leave the patina, but it looks great!

Ah you have one of those door ringers that people love to turn and turn and burst your ear drums too.
Looks nice.

An Antiques Road Show they always say to leave the patina, but it looks great!.
Arkansawyer said:
An Antiques Road Show they always say to leave the patina, but it looks great!
Yeah, but people couldn't find "it". So they always knocked........ until they were shown the bell, then.... yep they ring, and ring and ring....

I have that door bell - but I have an elaborate rectangle that will reatin its patina. Too many crannies to event try to polish it. It has 100 years if character.

I have an old ornate brass doorbell, that fortunately, very few seem to be able to work which was great when we had guests.
devil_smile.gif
We do have a new-fangled wireless doorbell, too.
Looks GREAT!!

uh oh...won't be worth anything now on Antiques Roadshow. Never take off patina. But...since it it attached to your door...guess it will just start over again.

Back