I Found It!

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lee2014

Reaction score
So yesterday we started pulling out boxes and going through stuff that has sat in storage for years. In the evening I took books off the bookcase in the storage and packed them up to give to a thrift store. I found books that I thought was interesting so I put them aside. Later I was looking through one when I found a business card halfway in the book. Then I saw it had writing on it. It was from a guest who had an enjoyable rainy evening reading this book….twenty years ago…."So call me when you find this!" We looked up his business online and sent him an email with a photo of the note in the book. Thirty minutes later he wrote back thrilled!

Holy cow, what fun! Glad he called back.
I just packed up 50 or so cookbooks for our library sale. Listed another 20 for sale. Didn't find anything other than one of my old bookmarks from when I had a bookstore.

In the 1970's my family took a trip to Europe to visit the Belgian exchange student who had lived a year with us a few years before. While there, in a hotel in Aachen, Germany, I picked up (stole) a calendar with some great photos of sites around town. Years later, I noticed on the back of the calendar a teenaged girl from New York had written her name and address, saying she had stayed at the hotel and hoped someone would write her.
It was years later, but I wrote, made contact, and we exchanged a few nice letters. Like a message in a bottle. Fun!

In the 1970's my family took a trip to Europe to visit the Belgian exchange student who had lived a year with us a few years before. While there, in a hotel in Aachen, Germany, I picked up (stole) a calendar with some great photos of sites around town. Years later, I noticed on the back of the calendar a teenaged girl from New York had written her name and address, saying she had stayed at the hotel and hoped someone would write her.
It was years later, but I wrote, made contact, and we exchanged a few nice letters. Like a message in a bottle. Fun!.
Another fun story!

It was years later, but I wrote, made contact, and we exchanged a few nice letters. Like a message in a bottle. Fun!.
We did bottles in the past but no one responded. My sister found someone else's bottle so we took down the address, added our own stuff and sent it out again. She respond to the ten year old boy and told him that she released it again. Ten years ago or so my church did a ballon release. We got lots of responses! The interesting part was that they didn't end up in the same spot even when they were released at the same time from one location. They went north, south, and west. One was found out in the Middle West a month later.

Back