I Got a Surprise Today - actually 2 of them

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gillumhouse

Reaction score
I am as most of you know involved in my city. Today we were going to the Capital for an annual Main Street/ON TRAC (a WV program - a pre-cursor to Main Street) awards ceremony. I am on the team and usually the chauffer. My City Manager kept manuvering me to the end seat in the auditorium. We were informed our city (an ON TRAC community) would be called first. OK, the progra starts and I hear my name called - those sneaks had named me volunteer of the year for my city! I go up and here I am getting photographed with the Governor. Here is the REALLY funny part - in my dining rom s the Official Proclamation fr Nation Tourism Week with a photo of me with the then Governor presenting it to me on behalf of the Tourism industry (DH framed it). Now I have this Certificate of Recognition as Shinnston ON TRAC Volunteer of the year and will be receiving a photo of me with the Governor - I am wearing the same blue slacks & red jacket and a white top, just like the first one. My City Manager said people will think I pho to shopped the Governor in!
I said 2 surprises. My oven died last night. DH called me to tell me we are buying a new stove. My magician says he cannot get the part I need for this 1952 stove. Boohoo!!!! And he said I am not going to fnd a 40 inch stove, that 36 in is the biggest regular stove.

That is wonderful news. Congratulations. What a wonderful surprize.
I see a new stove in the making. I hope you find one quickly.

That is wonderful news. Congratulations. What a wonderful surprize.
I see a new stove in the making. I hope you find one quickly..
Going looking after Garden Club this afternoon. I live by my oven!

Very good!
My city won't join Main Street Arkansas or anything else that would promote tourism. Glad to hear you're in a more progressive place, and that you're appreciated!

Very good!
My city won't join Main Street Arkansas or anything else that would promote tourism. Glad to hear you're in a more progressive place, and that you're appreciated!.
Arkansawyer said:
Very good!
My city won't join Main Street Arkansas or anything else that would promote tourism. Glad to hear you're in a more progressive place, and that you're appreciated!
Our State government realized small cities could not afford the Min Street Director required to have Main Street status. The ON TRAC is a precursor that a city must be in for 2 years before they can apply for Main Street status, works on the same premise as Main Street with the 4 committees of volunteers, is eligble for Main Street workshops and assistance, BUT is not required to have a paid director.
This is not tourism as much as it is revitalization. Many cities have used tourism as a revitalization, but it is as much as anything trying to recruit small business and revitalize "Downtown".

Very awesome. You rock!
And hey... if you have a great outfit you've gotta get some use out of it, right?
=)
Kk.

Thank you, All.
Went to Sears today. The salesman told me they can deliver the new stove tomorrow. UGH!! Thankful since my breakfasts are baked but I have to clear the counter so I can find the screws to take it up and also empty the drawers on the stove, Then we remove the quarter round in front of and beside the old stove so it can go out.
By the time the nickle & dime was done the less than $600 stove was well over $800!!! $70 to deliver; $10 to take the old stove (THAT was a bargain).... Got a smooth-top electric (no more flames coming out of the burners).

congratulations!
and you knew the day was coming when you would have to get a new stove ... i hope it all works out.
wink_smile.gif

Back