I Guess We Will Have the Midway as a Bonus

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gillumhouse

Reaction score
Just had a call from Illinois - she was the high bidder for my package I gave the Women's Club. THe only weekend that works for her is the weekend of our Frontier Days. I told her our street in front of the house will be the Midway - the Skee Ball game plugs in to my electric (for a fee of course) and told her Parking will be reserved for her at City Hall 1/2 block away. The carnival is across the street. She chuckled and said they will have the Midway as a bonus (after asking what time they shut down). This is great - I will have a freebie get used up when I would normally be empty because most guests do not WANT the Midway (she probably would not either but they wull be on the way back from a trip East and this date works).

Score 1 for you!
cheers.gif

Great news! They usually want one of our big weekends!.
It specifies no home football games for the BIG U. That is why she said it was the only time she could come. I was not offering to let her come a different time since she did not ASK about another date. Had she asked, I probably would have said OK.a

Update: The couple who won another donation last year could not come when they wanted because I had a conflict and then she hurt her neck so I told them they could use it this year. They wanted dates that would have overlapped their last with the first of the other couple and wanted the big room so moved up a day. So I get to redeem 2 freebies during a time that I do not get paying guests anyway! And BOTH certificates have the dinners at Jimmy's!!! Woohoo!
They have a one night gap for meeting friends so have given them an inn-mate's contact info.

Back