I have a new Package!

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gillumhouse

Reaction score
Now all I have to do is come up with a price for the new package.
A friend who is a Methodist minister just retired and moved to my fair city. I talked to her yesterday and yes, she IS available for the new Elopement Package. I was able to put my brother's wedding together in half an hour. I will require more notice, but I think a week would do it, It will include:
  • Minister
  • Video (and one DVD copy)
  • Photo of the Bride & Groom
  • Bride's bouquet
  • Small wedding cake
  • Wedding night and breakfast
Do you think it needs to have anything else? Thoughts on pricing for the DVD, cake, and photo?

Boutonniere for groom. Champagne toast with the cake. Dinner somewhere.
Will you be allowing 'guests' as well? You'll want to be clear on that. Indoors or outdoors or either?
Are you making the cake or having it made? Price out cakes and add some fat for profit. (Oddly, this is where I would not skimp. A bad wedding cake makes for a long time regret. I should know. We threw most of the cake in the trash. Not even a roomful of kids would touch it.)
The photo should be given in a nice frame so if the whole DVD, photo, cake, champagne, etc were put together with the room- $350 for the whole ball of wax for one night. Without guests. With guests, add on about $25/person for wear and tear and cleaning up the hall bathroom as well as more cake and champagne.

Boutonniere for groom. Champagne toast with the cake. Dinner somewhere.
Will you be allowing 'guests' as well? You'll want to be clear on that. Indoors or outdoors or either?
Are you making the cake or having it made? Price out cakes and add some fat for profit. (Oddly, this is where I would not skimp. A bad wedding cake makes for a long time regret. I should know. We threw most of the cake in the trash. Not even a roomful of kids would touch it.)
The photo should be given in a nice frame so if the whole DVD, photo, cake, champagne, etc were put together with the room- $350 for the whole ball of wax for one night. Without guests. With guests, add on about $25/person for wear and tear and cleaning up the hall bathroom as well as more cake and champagne..
I cannot do the champagne (no license) but I CAN do WV sparkling cider with WV goblets!!
It would be limited to bride & groom - additional room charge for best man & maid of honor or whoever. I want a slam/bam/thank you ma'am wedding, cut the cake, toast, a few photos, and they go to dinner wherever (I will make a reservation for them). While they are gone I burn the DVD & a CD of the photos. I do not want it to be an all afternoon deal. No guests - elope. Thanks for the input. I can bake a cake & let them choose what kind even. A layer cake with a bride & groom stuck on top.

Price this all out, add a cushion as prices change at a drop of a hat, then add your markup. Also with the minister, make sure of her quoted price GET IT IN WRITING! Minister or no people change their minds!
No matter how easy you think this is doing it all the time and with others in the B&B it can get overwelming.
You can make it special with little inexpensive touches - chocolate covered strawberries and a COMP bottle of champagne (can you give it away?)
MAKE $$ on this, do not give it away, it is work!!!

Price this all out, add a cushion as prices change at a drop of a hat, then add your markup. Also with the minister, make sure of her quoted price GET IT IN WRITING! Minister or no people change their minds!
No matter how easy you think this is doing it all the time and with others in the B&B it can get overwelming.
You can make it special with little inexpensive touches - chocolate covered strawberries and a COMP bottle of champagne (can you give it away?)
MAKE $$ on this, do not give it away, it is work!!!.
This is one thing that I will not give away. I know it will not go as smoothly as the first one, but figure it is worth a try. It cannot be given away either because they figure you have factored in the cost of the champagne in the price of the package - of course one would. Sparkling cider gives the appearance of a bubbly toast without worrying who is on the wagon.

Kathleen, this is a really good idea! Our problem with doing weddings in the past has always been our inability to handle large groups of people (parking and bathroom facilities). This would eliminate those obstacles.
I think I'll go online and get my minister's license and save the money on that part of the deal.
wink_smile.gif

Kathleen, this is a really good idea! Our problem with doing weddings in the past has always been our inability to handle large groups of people (parking and bathroom facilities). This would eliminate those obstacles.
I think I'll go online and get my minister's license and save the money on that part of the deal.
wink_smile.gif
And that can be done!

wink_smile.gif
And that can be done!
Here's a friend's site who does weddings. Maybe you will get an idea from these:http://southcourtinn.com/overnight.html

wink_smile.gif
And that can be done!
Here's a friend's site who does weddings. Maybe you will get an idea from these:http://southcourtinn.com/overnight.html
Not going to do all that BUT I like the pre-payment & planning fee that is non-refundable. Elegant I am not and I do not want guests - the 2 attendants would be my max! For a second room of course!

We do a ton of weddings! We have a max of 18 guest. They will try and push the number, but we stand our ground. Weddings can be a lot of work, but big profit. We have already had over 20 weddings this year. We have 3 different pkg. If you go to our site you can read them. This seems to be working great. Pictures are a big thing for wedding couples. This is an area for you to make big money. Cameras these days are a lot easier to use than they were 20 years ago. Buy yourself a really nice camera. You will be able to pay off the camera in just a few weddings. I charge $100 fee for pics. I then upload them to photoreflect.com. We have our own page on their site. I then give guests a password to view their pictures. They can buy 1 or 101. Their choice. The profits are really big. I do not collect the money for the pics. I receive a check in the mail every 2 weeks for my cut. You could also do this for just normal guests. Maybe its their anniversary, or a birthday. take a few pics and upload them and make a few bucks. You must have a pro camera to do this. People wont pay for just a Wal-Mart camera. What im trying to get at is, don't sell yourself short. Weddings are a place that people will fork out money for so let them!

We do a ton of weddings! We have a max of 18 guest. They will try and push the number, but we stand our ground. Weddings can be a lot of work, but big profit. We have already had over 20 weddings this year. We have 3 different pkg. If you go to our site you can read them. This seems to be working great. Pictures are a big thing for wedding couples. This is an area for you to make big money. Cameras these days are a lot easier to use than they were 20 years ago. Buy yourself a really nice camera. You will be able to pay off the camera in just a few weddings. I charge $100 fee for pics. I then upload them to photoreflect.com. We have our own page on their site. I then give guests a password to view their pictures. They can buy 1 or 101. Their choice. The profits are really big. I do not collect the money for the pics. I receive a check in the mail every 2 weeks for my cut. You could also do this for just normal guests. Maybe its their anniversary, or a birthday. take a few pics and upload them and make a few bucks. You must have a pro camera to do this. People wont pay for just a Wal-Mart camera. What im trying to get at is, don't sell yourself short. Weddings are a place that people will fork out money for so let them!.
I have an excellent camera. One of my dearest friends, a grade school classmate, was a professional photographer and I bought the Sony she told me to buy back in 2006. It does great photos. the photos on my web site (after much discussion here) were done with that camera and I take the photos at the City functions ad things we do - using many of them for blogs. Some of my photos are going to be used in a new FHLB business loan brochure.
Thanks for the photoreflect.com source.

Very nice idea. I also like the added idea of getting a license to do the wedding yourself an all in one stop shop hahaha.

Where are you doing them? Is there a gazebo nearby or in your yard?

Where are you doing them? Is there a gazebo nearby or in your yard?.
I had been thinking of my side yard BUT in telling my City Manager what I was planning, she told me the Park would be a MUCH better place and she is correct. OR we could go on the rail-trail. The trailhead is beautiful, has a shelter for bad weather BUT is too close to the road noises. I will take some photos of places and let the brides choose location (and if it is iffy weather, one of the small shelters at the park would be nice).

I had been thinking of my side yard BUT in telling my City Manager what I was planning, she told me the Park would be a MUCH better place and she is correct. OR we could go on the rail-trail. The trailhead is beautiful, has a shelter for bad weather BUT is too close to the road noises. I will take some photos of places and let the brides choose location (and if it is iffy weather, one of the small shelters at the park would be nice).
gillumhouse said:
Allow me to share some images with you when I get them off my sd card. A simple hanging fern or two can provide a nice backdrop and setting if you are lacking a garden setting, or to bring the haning plants/flowers/ferns to the park.

that sounds nice, but the reality of moving people to different locations could be a real pain in the butt :-( The whole point I thought was to keep it simple. I guess I was thinking you had a lovely garden in your backyard with a trellis or something like that which would make it simple for you. Then you also will have to lug the cake etc ...think about it.

wink_smile.gif
Proud Texan said:
wink_smile.gif
Holy Smokes! Call me Reverand Texan! I very easily became ordained online and then went to the County Clerk and she verified that in Texas, this is totally legal. I don't even have to register! I am paying to get a notarized document stating that I'm an officer of this online "church", but it probably is not necessary. The way the law is written, even if I were not ordained, as long as one of the individuals in the couple believes they are getting married "in good faith", then the marriage is valid.
So, we are now going to start putting together a package. We'll let you know how it goes.
The laws vary from state to state and county to county, so if you're thinking about doing this, find out your requirements.

wink_smile.gif
Proud Texan said:
wink_smile.gif
Holy Smokes! Call me Reverand Texan! I very easily became ordained online and then went to the County Clerk and she verified that in Texas, this is totally legal. I don't even have to register! I am paying to get a notarized document stating that I'm an officer of this online "church", but it probably is not necessary. The way the law is written, even if I were not ordained, as long as one of the individuals in the couple believes they are getting married "in good faith", then the marriage is valid.
So, we are now going to start putting together a package. We'll let you know how it goes.
The laws vary from state to state and county to county, so if you're thinking about doing this, find out your requirements.
MY draw will be (once I put it together - after my band concerts are done) is that I can have them married by a Methodist minister (in robes) if they want and if they do not want it "church" she does not have to wear the robe!
Congrats Reverend! Glad I came up with something you can use.

wink_smile.gif
Proud Texan said:
wink_smile.gif
it never hurts to have another string to your bow! in this tight economy an asset or skill that doesn't cost you anything to perform bonus. Plus with the tight money for newlyweds there will likely be more and more who want a budget wedding package!

wink_smile.gif
Duplicate entry.

Back