I have an idea?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have waited to chime in but I am now going to say it is a waste of John's valuable time. I do not want such trash to go out from my inn. I get emails to take surveys all too often and unless it is something I care about (organization I mean) I hit delete. MY time is too valuable to waste on another silly survey with results from people who have no clue what it takes to provide a smooth-running, comfortable inn, provision and serve delicious breakfasts, do laundry, clean, market, do accounts, and still participate in the community AND have a family life. I have no clue how anyone else's business operates - so how the heck do I know what they could possibly do to make me happier.
With many guests the answer would be to bend over, grab our ankles, and not charge them for doing everything we possibly can think of to give them a pleasant stay so they can still say the value = 2..
If you happen to get a guests that feels the need to vent for what ever reason, do you want them to vent on a survey that no one will see? Or do you want them to vent on TA? The only time I have ever filled out a survey is when I didn't like something. Do I think I will get a lot of them back? No! Do I think it could keep a pita from venting on TA? Yes! Think about it! People have become less people people. They hide behind their computers and phones! They don't care about how hard you work. They don't care that you missed your kids first Boy Scout camping trip because you had to make sure everything was perfect for them! They dont care if you have a Dr. Visit, or a death in the family They don't care! They are paying for a service! So to them that means perfection. If you do not give them everything they expect regardless of what happens in your personal life, they will stab you in the back! I think I might be venting! Now look what you made me do!

Back