I have to ask you...

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBloggs

Reaction score
How can people travel across the world, across the country, across the state, highways, mountains, traffic, exits, onramps, fueling up, food stops, rest areas and then call when they are one block away? IF I HAD A NICKEL FOR EVERY TIME THEY DID!
Besides telling me wrong information when they do call..."We are on south main looking at burger king" (which is no where near south main). I already have my "helpless guest radar" up. Who is it who tells guests to call when they are in town? I want them to call when they are NOT in town and tell me when they'll be here.
cry_smile.gif

And then there are the guests who trust the GPS down to the last foot, pass our (reflective letters, even) sign and end up in a neighbor's driveway calling me on the Inn phone and telling me I am not there! (I can see your headlights ... now turn around and make a left ... now turn left ... welcome )

Oh yeah, we get that too. I guess I should call us "LUCKY." The accuse us of moving the 100+ year old building.

Or how about this one -
I tell guests "If you pass XYZ church, (which is lit at night) you just missed our street" I told this to some one the other evening on the phone when they called for directions about 30 minutes out. A hour + later, I get a call "we are lost, where are you" They were 2 miles past the church. When I went back over the directions and said, you will pass the XYZ church on the right, and we are the next street on the right, past the church. She said I remember that church, we have passed it 3-4 times. Duh!
I know some people do not like road marks given with directions, but in rural areas it is sometimes needed. I give them both milage and road marks, if they do not write them down, who looks like the bigger fool!

Back