I have to have that room, we love it!

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Morticia

Reaction score
Which is not a problem when someone is not IN that room already. So, what she wants to do is take one room on the first night (the only room open) and then MOVE to her favorite room the second night even tho the first room is open for the second night. 'That's not a lot of work for you, is it, honey? It's not like you have to clean the whole room, right? You wouldn't have to change the sheets if we're only there the one night?'
Apparently, when the guest is still in the house, altho not in the same room, I don't have to clean the room they vacated. Or, maybe I don't have to clean the room they are going into. Hmmm...the possibilities...
Also doesn't know when she'll be arriving. And why does she have to let me know if it's after 7? Last time she was here (PO's) the doors were open all the time. Can't I just leave the door open for her and she'll lock up?
We do move guests around when it's necessary to make the booking work for all the nights they want. It's bit more of a hassle when it's not necessary, but on a whim.
(I can't move the first guest, they have to have 2 beds. Father & daughter getaway for Father's Day, they come every year with another father-daughter.)

You should tell her that you won't change the sheets or clean the room she's moving into
angel_smile.gif

Jeanne

see there ya go, a cleaning short cut.
I'm a little confused, too, as she said the last time she stayed here she mistakenly locked the owner out. Owner was out 'at work' and the guest locked the door. Owner knocking on door to get back into house.
This is not the setup here at all. And the PO's did not have the kind of outside job she mentioned. I really think she stayed somewhere else...

Is she for real?????
I have to move people too at times, but mainly because this gentleman is staying with us all summer and the room he is in was allready booked month ago. So, he had to move last night in a much smaller room, and I had to clean an extra room, but it's ok, gonna give the new guests "fresh sheets".....

Is she for real?????
I have to move people too at times, but mainly because this gentleman is staying with us all summer and the room he is in was allready booked month ago. So, he had to move last night in a much smaller room, and I had to clean an extra room, but it's ok, gonna give the new guests "fresh sheets"......
Very much so, I'm afraid. I mentioned moving her luggage and she said she would do it. I asked her when. 'After we eat breakfast.' So I asked when she thought the guests in the room the night before might be leaving. She didn't get it. They're leaving early to go out on a boat cruise and she's going to put her luggage in the room while the other guests are sleeping.
Really, I don't think she's stayed here before. I wish I had a searchable database of all prior inn guests.

Is she for real?????
I have to move people too at times, but mainly because this gentleman is staying with us all summer and the room he is in was allready booked month ago. So, he had to move last night in a much smaller room, and I had to clean an extra room, but it's ok, gonna give the new guests "fresh sheets"......
Very much so, I'm afraid. I mentioned moving her luggage and she said she would do it. I asked her when. 'After we eat breakfast.' So I asked when she thought the guests in the room the night before might be leaving. She didn't get it. They're leaving early to go out on a boat cruise and she's going to put her luggage in the room while the other guests are sleeping.
Really, I don't think she's stayed here before. I wish I had a searchable database of all prior inn guests.
Maybe the only place she ever stayed was at her in-laws?

Here's your cleaning shortcut for this guest: make up the bed in her new room with the sheets straight from her old room. :)
(I would be sooo tempted)

Here's your cleaning shortcut for this guest: make up the bed in her new room with the sheets straight from her old room. :)
(I would be sooo tempted).
What makes you think I won't? Haul the pillows along with me, too. Saves me washing at least. Hubs won't move the towels, but I could certainly haul the sheets downstairs (as long as everyone else is gone.) Can you imagine if someone saw me doing that?

What makes you think I won't? Haul the pillows along with me, too. Saves me washing at least. Hubs won't move the towels, but I could certainly haul the sheets downstairs (as long as everyone else is gone.) Can you imagine if someone saw me doing that?
That would be a bad thing to have end up on a hidden camera. ;)

What is it? My lucky day or something? Another caller who has to have a room that is already booked but will swap rooms the next day even tho I can put them in the same room for 2 days. And another booked guest I cannot move to make this accommodation.

What is it? My lucky day or something? Another caller who has to have a room that is already booked but will swap rooms the next day even tho I can put them in the same room for 2 days. And another booked guest I cannot move to make this accommodation..
Hmmm I guess that is one drawback to letting them see your availability calendar online. It has never been an issue for us before....and I hope it doesn't start...that sounds annoying.

I have had to move because an inn didn't have a room available for my entire length of stay. (Conference week) I hope that they didn't drag the sheets from one room down the stairs to the other ;-) I can actually understand this from the guest side if they're really attached to a particular room. I know it's more work for you to change out the rooms but if this is a good guest who returns, that is a different story.
I say this after working myself to death for 3 days with a whole house booking and a young married couple here for one night who slept in both beds in my room with 2 Queens. I was flabbergasted!!! I honestly don't think it was testing out both beds either.
I am actually blocking out days now to recuperate. When it rains it pours........

I'm sorry..just sitting here, reading and grinning, imagining you doing that. I would, that was a good idea....haha
There once was a lady, when I was still waitressing, she always wanted "fresh" coffee, decaf. One day she came in and asked how old the coffee was. I told her it was about 1 hour fresh, she insisted I'd make a new pot. I was not about to dump out the old one. Since I had 4 decanters, I pourde the decaf in a regular looking pot and brewed new regular coffee in a orange decaf pot (you probably noticed hem in restaurants). The lady watched the coffee brew and smiled . I then switched pots again, went to her table and poured her a "Freshly brewed " cup of decaf. "Now that is a good cup of coffee", she said smiling. I smiled too walking away......I'll never forget that one
wink_smile.gif

I have had to move because an inn didn't have a room available for my entire length of stay. (Conference week) I hope that they didn't drag the sheets from one room down the stairs to the other ;-) I can actually understand this from the guest side if they're really attached to a particular room. I know it's more work for you to change out the rooms but if this is a good guest who returns, that is a different story.
I say this after working myself to death for 3 days with a whole house booking and a young married couple here for one night who slept in both beds in my room with 2 Queens. I was flabbergasted!!! I honestly don't think it was testing out both beds either.
I am actually blocking out days now to recuperate. When it rains it pours.........
These are all brand new guests (altho one says she comes here 'all the time').
As for sleeping in both beds, hate to say it, but get used to it. We get that all the time and JBJ will tell you to expect it. I mentioned this somewhere else...guys won't book a room that has 2 beds because they know the woman will sleep by herself. As a matter of fact, the couple who booked last night insisted that if they couldn't have a king bed both nights they wanted separate beds. A queen was 'too small'. Yeesh. Try sleeping in a double for, let's see, 35 years!
Another '2 bed' story...friends have suites of 2 bedrooms with a bath between. They only book as a suite if the guests are traveling together, otherwise you get ONE bedroom and the bathroom. Sure enough, they had a couple book the king bed and then go thru the bathroom into the other room and use the queen bed as well, even tho they were specifically told not to as they had only booked one room. They need locks on those doors.

I am actually blocking out days now to recuperate. When it rains it pours.........
These are all brand new guests (altho one says she comes here 'all the time').
As for sleeping in both beds, hate to say it, but get used to it. We get that all the time and JBJ will tell you to expect it. I mentioned this somewhere else...guys won't book a room that has 2 beds because they know the woman will sleep by herself. As a matter of fact, the couple who booked last night insisted that if they couldn't have a king bed both nights they wanted separate beds. A queen was 'too small'. Yeesh. Try sleeping in a double for, let's see, 35 years!
Another '2 bed' story...friends have suites of 2 bedrooms with a bath between. They only book as a suite if the guests are traveling together, otherwise you get ONE bedroom and the bathroom. Sure enough, they had a couple book the king bed and then go thru the bathroom into the other room and use the queen bed as well, even tho they were specifically told not to as they had only booked one room. They need locks on those doors.
Bree said:
I mentioned this somewhere else...guys won't book a room that has 2 beds because they know the woman will sleep by herself.
You are sooo right. I do it in hotels....that way I don't get notched all night long. And it feels nice to have a whole bed to youself at times :)
Now in B&B's, I would not do that. I even prefer rooms with only one bed, more like home.

Back