I just got my first booking for next year!

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sunshine

Reaction score
I just had a wonderful couple leave today that spent two nights with us and they were the greatest! They emailed me tonight and said they want to book the suite for next August 2009 for our festival of Arts! an entire year away! yay

Congrats!!
Now, put it in your calendar to contact them no less than 1 month before the expected date of arrival to verify the reservation. I had someone book a year in advance vecause of a horse show and was sooo excited. Got close to the date and I was getting calls so I called to verify - good thing because she had decided not to go. The horse had a problem or something and she had not thought to cancel the reservation.

Congrats!!
Now, put it in your calendar to contact them no less than 1 month before the expected date of arrival to verify the reservation. I had someone book a year in advance vecause of a horse show and was sooo excited. Got close to the date and I was getting calls so I called to verify - good thing because she had decided not to go. The horse had a problem or something and she had not thought to cancel the reservation..
gillumhouse said:
Now, put it in your calendar to contact them no less than 1 month before the expected date of arrival to verify the reservation. I had someone book a year in advance vecause of a horse show and was sooo excited. Got close to the date and I was getting calls so I called to verify - good thing because she had decided not to go. The horse had a problem or something and she had not thought to cancel the reservation.
Agreed, except that for an arts festival I would do it more like 3 months in advance... or about the time you start getting calls/online bookings for that weekend. We, too, have had guests who said they'd repeat and then didn't. It's fine as long as you know far enough in advance. I'm still fretting because the last guest who said she'd come to the next seminar ended up cancelling. She cancelled well in advance but we still haven't filled the room and the seminar starts tomorow morning at 8. Oh well...
=)
Kk.

Congrats!!
Now, put it in your calendar to contact them no less than 1 month before the expected date of arrival to verify the reservation. I had someone book a year in advance vecause of a horse show and was sooo excited. Got close to the date and I was getting calls so I called to verify - good thing because she had decided not to go. The horse had a problem or something and she had not thought to cancel the reservation..
gillumhouse said:
Agreed, except that for an arts festival I would do it more like 3 months in advance... or about the time you start getting calls/online bookings for that weekend. We, too, have had guests who said they'd repeat and then didn't. It's fine as long as you know far enough in advance. I'm still fretting because the last guest who said she'd come to the next seminar ended up cancelling. She cancelled well in advance but we still haven't filled the room and the seminar starts tomorow morning at 8. Oh well...
=)
Kk.
Most of our year-in-advance bookings are for a theater festival in July and we reconfirm them in February. This year I will send out a reminder about one month in advance as well, because we had one no-show this year who thought she had cancelled after she re-confirmed but never really did.

Sunshine said:
an entire year away! yay
With all this talk about confirming in advance, I forgot to say, "YAY" too! I agree... it's so fun to have something on the books a whole year away!
=)
Kk.

Sunshine said:
I just had a wonderful couple leave today that spent two nights with us and they were the greatest! They emailed me tonight and said they want to book the suite for next August 2009 for our festival of Arts! an entire year away! yay
SUPER! Do you have software you use for your bookings? This is the reason I ask, make a quick note about them, you think you will recall them and things you talked about, but you won't. I like to add WHAT I SERVED THEM (ie she drankEarle Grey tea only not coffee) and notes like He is a musician in Nashville. Not alot, not the whole dialogue or anything.

very exciting to get a future booking! what better testimony that you are doing things right! and when they send friends.

Sunshine said:
SUPER! Do you have software you use for your bookings? This is the reason I ask, make a quick note about them, you think you will recall them and things you talked about, but you won't. I like to add WHAT I SERVED THEM (ie she drankEarle Grey tea only not coffee) and notes like He is a musician in Nashville. Not alot, not the whole dialogue or anything..
You all have such great advice!!!!
Thanks!

Back