I just LOVE when this happens.....

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

InnBloom

Reaction score
I'm continually amazed by the coincidences that happen around here. They certainly make it interesting to have a B&B.
This weekend we have lots of folks here in our inn in our smallish midwest city from NYC for not one but two different weddings. This morning at breakfast, two men recognize each other and ask names, etc. Turns out they met ringing bells at Trinity Church in Manhattan where one is a regular bellringer and the other just made arrangements to try it out one day.
What are the chances? They're here for different weddings at the same time.
If I had said "Hey, you're both from NYC, maybe you know each other", they'd have thought I had lost my mind.

We had that happen at our B & B in WV one year at a Stringfest that happens yearly. There were two couples from Sweeden; one was older and one was younger. We mentioned this to each when they checked in-one played the fiddle the other played the violin and the one of the women enjoyed clogging.
At breakfast the next morning they both introduced themselves speaking sweedish of course and found out they lived two blocks from eachother-what a small world and they became friends from that day on..
That is what facinates me the most in this profession how things happen to bring some people together that knew eachother or live close to one another its uncanny sometimes.

Did they say "What is your name? Your face rings a bell".
Good one, JB! I wish I'd thought of that...
teeth_smile.gif

We had that happen at our B & B in WV one year at a Stringfest that happens yearly. There were two couples from Sweeden; one was older and one was younger. We mentioned this to each when they checked in-one played the fiddle the other played the violin and the one of the women enjoyed clogging.
At breakfast the next morning they both introduced themselves speaking sweedish of course and found out they lived two blocks from eachother-what a small world and they became friends from that day on..
That is what facinates me the most in this profession how things happen to bring some people together that knew eachother or live close to one another its uncanny sometimes..
Last year for out Independence Concert we had guests fom NY. They came that weekend because of our concert. I sent an e-mail to the band to be forwarded to the members about where they had come from just to hear us and how much they enjoyed it. One of our flute players drives 90 minutes one way for our weekly rehearsals and concerts and her family was from that town. My lady's Mother knew the flute player's family and they got together again because of that. It was soooo cool.

We had a guest who walked in with a chip on her shoulder because she 'had' to stay here rather than because she wanted to. Her 'favorite' place was full. Yippee. :(
She grumbled all the way thru the check-in, all the way thru the song and dance about the guest pantry and then she hit the living room. Where, lo and behold, sat her neighbors. Well, if THEY thought the place was good enough to book first she was all set.

Back