I just threw people out of my house!!!

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Farmers Daughter

Reaction score
I had a couple arrive as a self check in at 11 pm at night. Within the 1 hour they were here, they overflowed the jacuzzi. I have buckets in my living room and water running down 2 different walls and busted through the dry wall right over the sofa.
I put my buckets out, ran upstairs and pounded on thier door. They didn't hear me. I ran down 3 flights of stairs and turned off the breaker, ran back up and pounded on the door again.
They were annoyed to be bothered. I quickly explained the situation and saw that the bathroom floor was absolutely drenched! They felt they were not to blame and a loud uncomfortable situation ensued. I told them to leave. I have not charged them....but may rethink that.
Grrrrrrrrr!

Oh My God! I am so sorry you are dealing with this in the middle of the night!
I can't believe they overflowed it in the first place and then got angry with you...I'm sure the rest of the house heard all this as well?
I hope you are able to get some sleep before you have to feed everyone tomorrow.

My claw-foot tub was in the original bathroom and we had a honeymoon couple. I surmise that she was soaking and he decided to join her (they were the only ones in the house so she must not have locked the door). I was standing in my dining room talking to a friend when there was a waterfall at my bedroom door. I cleaned it up - used just about every towel I had downstairs - and was lucky that nothing was damaged permanently, just soggy. They never new a thing and I never said a word.
He was the son of one of my dearest friends, and I never told her either.

Oh no. Is there no overflow port on the Jacuzzi? (If not, something to add to the repair/modification list)

hmmm ... i have a feeling they were 'playing' in the jacuzzi. i had this happen with an amorous couple in a regular tub. i didn't put them out. but they were embarrassed and apologetic and the damage was not as extensive as what you describe ... but it was still damage. certainly not intended and i did not charge for it. we had water come down through the ceiling light fixtures onto the breakfast room furniture and floor. plumber visit, electrician visit, repair of ceiling and lots of laundry. but the hardwood floor was okay.

Back