I just want to say one thing

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We have the worse-aGHOST that rings the bell-im not joking! Its a house on a hill and you have to climb the stairs to the porch to even think about ringing the bell and running, yes we've looked at the damn thing and think maybe its a short-but then it would do it all the time and its not like we can't go at least look cause the wrap around porch sometimes obscures somebody by the door, so we have to go the length of the large house to the front door to see that no one is there. I've been watering the beds up front when my hubbie comes out and says: did you ring the doorbell? I said NO i did not, he did that three times a couple days ago...yea i know its disturbing.
But I get it the ghost we call him Willie rings it ONCE the guests that come ring and ring and ring, damn its a big house and it takes a little while to get up front, they are looking in the front window (door is glass) and they see me walking to the door and still THEY RING THAT DANG BELL-drives me more crazy than Willie doing it....
one of my neighbour B&B's confided to me the other day that her room 4 is haunted has been going bezerk this week (they dont know why) moving things. only does it when there arn't guests in that room otherwise could get weird.

We have the worse-aGHOST that rings the bell-im not joking! Its a house on a hill and you have to climb the stairs to the porch to even think about ringing the bell and running, yes we've looked at the damn thing and think maybe its a short-but then it would do it all the time and its not like we can't go at least look cause the wrap around porch sometimes obscures somebody by the door, so we have to go the length of the large house to the front door to see that no one is there. I've been watering the beds up front when my hubbie comes out and says: did you ring the doorbell? I said NO i did not, he did that three times a couple days ago...yea i know its disturbing.
But I get it the ghost we call him Willie rings it ONCE the guests that come ring and ring and ring, damn its a big house and it takes a little while to get up front, they are looking in the front window (door is glass) and they see me walking to the door and still THEY RING THAT DANG BELL-drives me more crazy than Willie doing it....
birdwatcher said:
But I get it the ghost we call him Willie rings it ONCE the guests that come ring and ring and ring, damn its a big house and it takes a little while to get up front, they are looking in the front window (door is glass) and they see me walking to the door and still THEY RING THAT DANG BELL-drives me more crazy than Willie doing it...
A former B&B in our area had a sign by the bell, "Ring ONCE and wait, I'm in the back of the house." NOW I get it!

It may be the humidity. It could also be a bug getting into the works. My smoke detector used to go off all the time in the humidity. (Until my son hit it with a frying pan.)
I noticed the other day that I cannot see in the glass door when I'm outside. So I have forgiven guests who have rung the bell as I am opening the door. Without pressing their noses against the glass, they can't see in. (And, I do have nose prints on the glass. Ugh.)
Alibi Ike said:
My smoke detector used to go off all the time in the humidity. (Until my son hit it with a frying pan.)
Hmmm....do I smell a story?
tounge_smile.gif

It may be the humidity. It could also be a bug getting into the works. My smoke detector used to go off all the time in the humidity. (Until my son hit it with a frying pan.)
I noticed the other day that I cannot see in the glass door when I'm outside. So I have forgiven guests who have rung the bell as I am opening the door. Without pressing their noses against the glass, they can't see in. (And, I do have nose prints on the glass. Ugh.)
Alibi Ike said:
My smoke detector used to go off all the time in the humidity. (Until my son hit it with a frying pan.)
Hmmm....do I smell a story?
tounge_smile.gif

Not much of a story. One minute the smoke detector worked, the next it didn't. He only did what I wanted to do, but didn't because I knew I'd have to get another one! (Which, BTW, when installed never had the same problem.)

When family guests have two rooms, ALL of the guests MUST check in at the same time. No more 'I'll show them where everything is.'
Went into one room today and the A/C was on, the window was open and the heat was on. Obviously, no one showed them how to turn the A/C on, so they first turned the heat on. Then, they flipped the switch on the A/C. And didn't close the window.
Put a huge scratch in the hardwood floors and it looks like a bomb went off.
Next time? A parent MUST be in the room with the teenagers.

birdwatcher said:
But I get it the ghost we call him Willie rings it ONCE the guests that come ring and ring and ring, damn its a big house and it takes a little while to get up front, they are looking in the front window (door is glass) and they see me walking to the door and still THEY RING THAT DANG BELL-drives me more crazy than Willie doing it...
A former B&B in our area had a sign by the bell, "Ring ONCE and wait, I'm in the back of the house." NOW I get it!
copperhead said:
birdwatcher said:
I have told people who DH will be letting in - Open the storm door and ring the bel, then be patient. He is on 2 crutches and it takes him a little while to get up and to the door. THAT appears to resonate.

Nope-its happened in all the seasons...its weird! my husband has checked it and re-checked it one time is was riniging so much we took the batteries out-and no it stopped, but we did put in new ones. I do believe in them since we lived here.

I get that here too just with people coming to the door! People, this house is loooooooooooooooooooong and if I'm in the back of the house it will take a moment or two to get to the door!
Also, while I'm at it...innkeepers need to re-affirm that they are people too and sometimes they are attending to private business!!!! Sheesh!

Back