I just want to say....

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

inncogneeto

Reaction score
Thank you to swirt and everybody here. Things get so crazy around here and I rarely have time to go out and socialize like I did before innkeeping. It's so fun to be able to come here and comiserate and share, I look forward to reading the posts everyday, feel like I'm having my watercooler coffeebreak. I'm glad you're all here!
heart.gif

i completely agree...it's lonely being an innkeeper sometimes.a fellow innkeeper that i met at a seminar told me about this site &i have stopped by almost everyday since. i have come across some situations that i have experienced myself, situations that i hope never to experience & lots of great advice if i do run into a delicate situation.
my husband works outside of the inn so it's pretty much just me (& the housekeeper during on season). I know that when i'm rehashing a story or such to DH or my mom or friends & they say "i understand" they really don't. they think they do but they don't. even though i don't always post something when i am here it's nice to know that everyone else on here is pretty much in the same position as i am. (more or less) even though i don't really know who any of you are & have never met you in some strange way it's kind of comforting knowing that i can turn to here, say what i have to say & one of you out there will know what i'm talking about.
i don't mean to sound whiny or anything but i think you probably all understand what i'm talking about.
sometimes i think that i must have a sign over my house that says "weird people welcome" based on some stories i have read here i guess i'm not the only one who owns that sign.

Thanks Inncogneeto and Mollysmom. I am glad the site is giving you some support, but I have to say it has far more to do with everyone hanging out here than anything I've done on the technology end of it. Thanks to you both for participating and sharing in the laughs, sweat and tears. ;)

I agree...
It's funny but innkeeping can be very isolating even though you have guests in your home all the time. It's great to share our triumphs and challenges with the folks here :)

This site is wonderful. The sense of belonging is very strong. It is hard to explain to someone who doesn't understand that I WANT to be an innkeeper...they look at me like I've lost what's left of my mind.
It's nice to know that I can come on here and ask questions, give my own opinion and learn from others' mistakes.

This site is wonderful. The sense of belonging is very strong. It is hard to explain to someone who doesn't understand that I WANT to be an innkeeper...they look at me like I've lost what's left of my mind.
It's nice to know that I can come on here and ask questions, give my own opinion and learn from others' mistakes..
emspiers said:
It's nice to know that I can come on here and ask questions, give my own opinion and learn from others' mistakes.
and achievements! :)

It's nice to know that I can come on here and ask questions, give my own opinion and learn from others' mistakes..
emspiers said:
You mean those who think you will be abusing your children for having them live and work in a B&B meeting fascinating people from all around the world, participating in a family business and actually growing and learning so much from it? I had that questioned last week.
In fact, I filled out an application for for a Youth Ensemble and when asked about experience and awards, dang straight that was put on there. If given the right circumstances the children get to meet the guests and play Appalachian tunes for them, if requested. We don't tell them, we don't push it, but when requested on the porch or near the ponds when they practice in the summer or fall. EXCELLENT experience.
Go with your gut. That sounds awful but it is true.

Ditto - Thanks Swirt for the site and thanks to all my new 'friends' here that get what I'm saying.

I also am grateful to have found the Forum and to have been included in it. To come back from 3 days away and have someone wonder where I am feels wonderful. Even though DH lives here too, he does not understand what I am doing and dealing with - or recognize HE IS the problem at times. It is nice to be able to get it out of my system with people who really DO get it, including the DH problem!
Thank you all for becoming my friend.

I also am grateful to have found the Forum and to have been included in it. To come back from 3 days away and have someone wonder where I am feels wonderful. Even though DH lives here too, he does not understand what I am doing and dealing with - or recognize HE IS the problem at times. It is nice to be able to get it out of my system with people who really DO get it, including the DH problem!
Thank you all for becoming my friend..
Welcome home Kathleen. :welcome: Take off your shoes and sit a spell. ;)

Welcome home Kathleen. :welcome: Take off your shoes and sit a spell. ;)
Wishful thinking but thank you for the kind thought. We are also in the process of planning a B & B Conference for March. Our Prez decided last month to hold a Conference. Gathering prices now so a location can be determined, vendors lined up, speakers, etc........ It will happen and it will be a good Conference - I expect it will be small due to the Mid-Atlantic, but we will have an Aspiring and vendors and good speakers. We are fortunate to have built relationships who will help guarantee a good conference.

I do love coming here, even though I'm that 'black sheep" in the mix.
I have alot to offer to innkeepers. But my sarcasm ALWAYS gets me in trouble.

gillumhouse said:
Thank you all for becoming my friend.
When you go away you always come back with interesting tidbits. So you know we are waiting...spill your guts. I mean, share, when you are ready.
tounge_smile.gif

I have alot to offer to innkeepers. But my sarcasm ALWAYS gets me in trouble..
trishany said:
You were being sarcastic? When? I can never tell from online comments...
That might explain a lot...
=)
Kk.

trishany said:
=)
Kk.
Yup, Yellowsocks. I guess it's an inbred defensive mechanism. We've been through a whole lot of s**t. things you couldn't even imagine.
But, all that is behind me, and I try to post here to enlighten innkeepers, but my sarcasm gets the best of me.

trishany said:
=)
Kk.
Yup, Yellowsocks. I guess it's an inbred defensive mechanism. We've been through a whole lot of s**t. things you couldn't even imagine.
But, all that is behind me, and I try to post here to enlighten innkeepers, but my sarcasm gets the best of me.
trishany said:
Now see, I don't know if that's sarcastic or egotistic or something else altogether... :help:
=)
Kk.

Back