I just wanted to say...

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBloggs

Reaction score
IT'S STILL RAINING!
Has not stopped for even a minute for 5 days now. For those not in the PacNorthWET, when you get the outlying bands of a hurricane? That is what this is like. Days and weeks of wet.
Another reason I promote the fall leaves in Va so heavily, here they just mould, they are not crisp and crunchy and you can rake them into piles and jump in them!
grrrrrrrr....
yes it is green, yes there are ferns and evergreen trees. I have yet to see The Mountain as it is called in the area. The rain on the roof was nice he first night, now I have webbed feet.
So in other words those photos I got day 1are it. Glad I got out quickly to get them. This huge party was a success. We had to do it all in the rain, pouring rain.

I will bet Grandma did not care one whit what the weather was doing. She had her family (or most of it) around her and that is ALL that counted. To be loved enough for the family to come while you are still ALIVE is wonderful. Too many only make the effort to go to the funeral.

I will bet Grandma did not care one whit what the weather was doing. She had her family (or most of it) around her and that is ALL that counted. To be loved enough for the family to come while you are still ALIVE is wonderful. Too many only make the effort to go to the funeral..
gillumhouse said:
I will bet Grandma did not care one whit what the weather was doing. She had her family (or most of it) around her and that is ALL that counted. To be loved enough for the family to come while you are still ALIVE is wonderful. Too many only make the effort to go to the funeral.
today is her actual 90th, I was up at 6am giving her a hug and sharing a cup of coffee w her. That is really special.
her daughter, my aunt, who is 53, had stage 4 cancer on her last milestone bday, 80 th. the daughter in law, had leukemia and bone marrow transplant, now that dil has a grand baby and one more on the way, my aunts daughter will be an er dr, and more... So it is Indeed celebratory. But, btwn you and I my dads cardiac surg has benn moved up to the day we get back...no I am Not telling mom. I am seeing my sister at Denny's before our flight, she had the flu! She was crying, so upset to miss everything. She is another cancer survivor, I have not seen her since, either. She turns 49 this week!
A worthwhile trip! Plus more I won't bore you with... I know, too late. Ha ha

I will bet Grandma did not care one whit what the weather was doing. She had her family (or most of it) around her and that is ALL that counted. To be loved enough for the family to come while you are still ALIVE is wonderful. Too many only make the effort to go to the funeral..
gillumhouse said:
today is her actual 90th, I was up at 6am giving her a hug and sharing a cup of coffee w her. That is really special.
her daughter, my aunt, who is 53, had stage 4 cancer on her last milestone bday, 80 th. the daughter in law, had leukemia and bone marrow transplant, now that dil has a grand baby and one more on the way, my aunts daughter will be an er dr, and more... So it is Indeed celebratory. But, btwn you and I my dads cardiac surg has benn moved up to the day we get back...no I am Not telling mom. I am seeing my sister at Denny's before our flight, she had the flu! She was crying, so upset to miss everything. She is another cancer survivor, I have not seen her since, either. She turns 49 this week!
So glad you had that special time with Gran. My Granny was a pistol! but I did spend time with her after I was an adult - even drove back from Columbus to take her out to lunch. It was special. Barely knew Mom's mother.
Will keep Dad in my prayers. He will be fine. DH did an aortic aneurysm and a 6-way bypass. Your Dad will be fine. Expect it to take a YEAR for him to be back to normal so be prepared to boost his spirits when he feels he is not progressing in recovery.

No matter what the weather is, it's so wonderful you were able to see your Grandmother and family. I made it to my Uncle's 90th in CA and he's still doing ok 3 years later.
Even those of us in the PNW aren't used to this kind of weather in September! Hate it! We've had very strong winds along with the buckets and buckets of rain, thunder and lightening. I've got some guests who are from CA and they're not too happy at the moment. Our pergola/bench got upended and it's feet are in concrete. The wind blew it right out of the soggy ground. I hope it's not an indication of how this winter will be!
Enjoy your last moments with your family and have a safe trip back!

gillumhouse said:
Great that you can have this reunion!!!! Bless Grandma and your aunts. And your Dad and sis. And your family!
We've had a great deal of cancer in our family and it truly sucks. But people do recover and your family is a wonderful example of going forward. Enjoy the visit.

Thanks everyone.
part of my short toast at the party was my grandmother calling herself "cyber grandma" since she wanted to get on Facebook at 90 to stay in touch with the kids, grand kids, and great grand kids. All the great grands are like "what the! My grandmother wants to be my friend on Facebook!" Ha ha

Oh, but the Sunshine in your heart makes the entire trip wonderful! I know you think I'm crazy but I really miss the rain. We haven't had hardly any. I'm tired of always watering everything!
So glad you had the opportunity to see so many loved ones. Thats so wonderful. Good for you! You won't remember the rain so much, but the time spent with family.
Ha, I miss the rain and I miss family!
Hug the pac nw before you leave, from me!!!

The weather never dampens the heart. Glad you were there for such a great occasion.
Sis just left the Gig Harbor area as you arrived. They are moving their boat to Canada for the winter (cheaper storage I've been told) but are stuck in the Islands due to the horrible weather.

I am back home. 86 degrees and blue skies.
Admittedly it was a super abnormal rainfall for the PacNorthWET for Sept. They go into high water bills and watering the lawn in Aug and Sept normally.
I was hurrahing all the way on I-5 to Seatac as I got to drive in the carpool lane!! In the pouring rain, and clouds, so couldn't see anything or anywhere...but I did get out the first morning I was there and got a few pix, so that was great.

I am back home. 86 degrees and blue skies.
Admittedly it was a super abnormal rainfall for the PacNorthWET for Sept. They go into high water bills and watering the lawn in Aug and Sept normally.
I was hurrahing all the way on I-5 to Seatac as I got to drive in the carpool lane!! In the pouring rain, and clouds, so couldn't see anything or anywhere...but I did get out the first morning I was there and got a few pix, so that was great..
So glad you had a great trip and made some memories!

Back