i love inns GC

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

agoodman

Reaction score
dang I must have missed that they had these although I think I signed up to take them at some point - do we pay a comm on these when we accept them like for bedandbreakfast.com GC's? I can't SEE that we do but don't know .... I had a local person ask me ....

You need to go to the members page to see what the rules are. Haven't been a member in a couple of years now. Never took GC, was part of the BOGO program, I think I only took 1 of these in the 7-8 years of membership.

I think their commission is 15%, like BnB Finder. I have always enjoyed the kinds of guests we got from I Love Inns. However, liking the few we got from them was not enough inducement to renew their listing this year, it just wasn't a good ROI for us.

I have mentioned this to them directly so it's no secret, when I first went with them they had the FANTASTIC sampling program, the cereals, coffee etc I got was well worth my membership but for the last 3 years there has not been anything ... I always got the guide books personalized but this year the payment was SO early before publishing that there was no way I could even make the 50% layout when I was still sitting on books and the new ones would not be delivered for 6+ months. And since they were giving 2 free certs to anyone who purchased directly, my guests were buying from them instead. Now having said that they did try to work with me and I do love the guests that come from them although the free night program really costs us 70% more than the bandb.com gift card program since we get not one red cent ... I do like them but I also don't know that I can afford my listing this year

I have mentioned this to them directly so it's no secret, when I first went with them they had the FANTASTIC sampling program, the cereals, coffee etc I got was well worth my membership but for the last 3 years there has not been anything ... I always got the guide books personalized but this year the payment was SO early before publishing that there was no way I could even make the 50% layout when I was still sitting on books and the new ones would not be delivered for 6+ months. And since they were giving 2 free certs to anyone who purchased directly, my guests were buying from them instead. Now having said that they did try to work with me and I do love the guests that come from them although the free night program really costs us 70% more than the bandb.com gift card program since we get not one red cent ... I do like them but I also don't know that I can afford my listing this year.
I don't understand how you can still say you like them if they don't give you enough business to make it worthwhile? It's certainly not a matter of how nice they are when you call or deal with them. The bottom line to "liking" a directory is if they produce or not.

Back