I mailed nothing back in 2012!

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBloggs

Reaction score
I had no one leave anything behind that I needed to mail back in 2012. I think this is a record!
One person left a ton of stuff (like a suit in the wardrobe) and came back for it. A couple others came back or sent someone by who was in the area. or others said "Not worth the postage to mail it"
I just realized this.

We ended up with a bunch of stuff, some calls for things we did not have and only a couple of things we mailed back.

I mailed back some gentleman's clothing, which he reimbursed me for, a couple of odd ball things I was not reimbursed for, a "valuable necklace" the lady called me about, but has yet to retrieve almost a year later, and most recently a blanket. Oh yes, men's shorts found in the linens, which he came after.

to be fair think we have only mailed 1 thing back - (we charge) but have not had much left!

I had a whole large tote bag of items that one lady left. I found it and called her cell right away. Unfortunately she did not get the message till she was almost home. So, with about 15 minutes left till the post office closed that day, I found the biggest box I had, packed the stuff in and sent it next-day (there were medications in there that she needed). Of course, I charged her credit card (something like $35). Two days later, a beautiful floral arrangement was delivered to my house with the nicest thank-you note. Really made my day!

I had a whole large tote bag of items that one lady left. I found it and called her cell right away. Unfortunately she did not get the message till she was almost home. So, with about 15 minutes left till the post office closed that day, I found the biggest box I had, packed the stuff in and sent it next-day (there were medications in there that she needed). Of course, I charged her credit card (something like $35). Two days later, a beautiful floral arrangement was delivered to my house with the nicest thank-you note. Really made my day!.
I found a drawer FULL of meds after guests left in January of 2000 and to this day have never received a penny of postage money nor any form of thank you. I like your guests better than mine. Of course it was a freebie which explains it better - he got the certificate for a very reasonable price in a live auction that made him look good. Felt sorry for his wife - they were her meds.

Back