"I put it on my reservation!"

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBloggs

Reaction score
Day two of serving pecans to this guest, this morning she mentioned she is allergic and put it on her reservation. Of course it it not on the reservation, I have it online right here. Yesterday I had them chopped in a muesli parfait (right on top over the blueberries, bananas and strawberries - I do this incase the banana slices begin to brown before breakfast - it is my cover-up trick, plus they go well together)
Today pecan pancakes which she sends back, i put a whole pecan on the top of my pancakes with a sprinkle of icing sugar, so she saw what it was.
She never told me yesterday. Why not? She ate the food.
chef.gif

Toss the sliced bananas in a bit of orange or lemon or lime juice to stop them going brown. Yoghurt (plain) also does the trick if you are using yoghurt in the dish anyway

I had the opposite problem this weekend. The reservation said no gluten. These are repeat guests and it's a good thing I had kept notes on them because the husband also can not have any milk fat...has to have non-fat milk even in baked items.
On check-in I asked about the new no gluten situation. The wife then tells me oh, I'll just take a pill, so don't worry about it. Turns out she has some enzyme problem and this pill will allow her to eat gluten at least for 1 meal a day. YIPPEE!!
I don't understand why she would put it on her reservation if all along she planned on taking her pills. I'm glad I didn't go out of my way to buy gluten free products.

Had a young couple this weekend that just didn't seem to like fruit. No allergies, just a preference. They're going to regret eating like that when they get older.....trust me.
smiley-char124.gif

I caught her as they were heading out I am making the orange marmalade coffee cake tomorrow (which again, I had planned on using chopped pecans, she said walnuts are fine so I spent $7.99 for a bag of walnuts to which DH did one of these
wow.gif
)
She was nice enough about it, I told her I really wasn't trying to kill her. :) I said I am so into pecans right now, I would have made sure she was not poisoned. She appreciated the meal she had and said it was terrific anyway. A shout out to you Michigan people, she is from MI.

Fabulous banana dish I got from Bridgeford House in Eureka Springs AR that doesn't matter if bananas sit for a while. It is great for chilly mornings, a pleasant change from the fruit and yogurt stand-by, and has good presentation.
Ing: 4 bananas 1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 c flour 1/8 tsp salt
1/4 c brown sugar 4 T butter, softened
1 c rolled oats or granola
Dir: Preheat oven to 400. Slice bananas and evenly distribute among 4 ramekins or casserole dish, lightly sprayed with cooking spray. Place all dry ing in a med mixing bowl; add the butter and work the mixture with a fork until it is crumbly. Sprinkle over bananas enough to cover. Bake until crumble gets firm and golden, 10-12 minutes, serve warm. 4 servings.

I had the opposite problem this weekend. The reservation said no gluten. These are repeat guests and it's a good thing I had kept notes on them because the husband also can not have any milk fat...has to have non-fat milk even in baked items.
On check-in I asked about the new no gluten situation. The wife then tells me oh, I'll just take a pill, so don't worry about it. Turns out she has some enzyme problem and this pill will allow her to eat gluten at least for 1 meal a day. YIPPEE!!
I don't understand why she would put it on her reservation if all along she planned on taking her pills. I'm glad I didn't go out of my way to buy gluten free products..
Breakfast Diva said:
I don't understand why she would put it on her reservation if all along she planned on taking her pills. I'm glad I didn't go out of my way to buy gluten free products.
Maybe the enzyme solution is new to her? I will admit, I have resisted giving my food-sensitive children digestive enzymes, and after this last trip, broke down and placed the order. When I saw that they will (may?) enable the boys to digest casein...I felt like smacking myself in the head. I had no idea they would help that particular problem (same enzymes I ordered also assist in the digestion of gluten). My boys may never drink milk, but if I can let them eat foods which may/probably contain trace milk or milk derivatives, stop watching their food like a crazy lady and being the annoyingly difficult mother - Yippee!

I don't understand why she would put it on her reservation if all along she planned on taking her pills. I'm glad I didn't go out of my way to buy gluten free products..
Breakfast Diva said:
Maybe the enzyme solution is new to her? I will admit, I have resisted giving my food-sensitive children digestive enzymes, and after this last trip, broke down and placed the order. When I saw that they will (may?) enable the boys to digest casein...I felt like smacking myself in the head. I had no idea they would help that particular problem (same enzymes I ordered also assist in the digestion of gluten). My boys may never drink milk, but if I can let them eat foods which may/probably contain trace milk or milk derivatives, stop watching their food like a crazy lady and being the annoyingly difficult mother - Yippee!
I hope it works for your boys!

Well JB to make you feel better you have the most charming honeymooners on your way down there! They stayed here last night and are so very cute. Alex and Sarah from London. They have been planning this honeymoon for some time and are very bright eyed and adventurous. Started in Boston, hit Philly, NYC, Washington, now here and on their way to you. I think their adventure will end in Key West!
Riki

Well JB to make you feel better you have the most charming honeymooners on your way down there! They stayed here last night and are so very cute. Alex and Sarah from London. They have been planning this honeymoon for some time and are very bright eyed and adventurous. Started in Boston, hit Philly, NYC, Washington, now here and on their way to you. I think their adventure will end in Key West!
Riki.
egoodell said:
Riki
We share guests, awesome! I am loving this. We don't often get honeymooners from the UK, typically retirees or teachers on break. We will see them this evening.
We have honeymooners at the table right now. She chose the B&B he chose VA Tech game! :) I told her she is allowed to hold hands under the table. Sweet.
Riki, I just added some flowers to the blueglass medicine bottles in their bathroom.
lrg_Flowers_bottles.jpg

Riki.
egoodell said:
Riki
We share guests, awesome! I am loving this. We don't often get honeymooners from the UK, typically retirees or teachers on break. We will see them this evening.
We have honeymooners at the table right now. She chose the B&B he chose VA Tech game! :) I told her she is allowed to hold hands under the table. Sweet.
Riki, I just added some flowers to the blueglass medicine bottles in their bathroom.
lrg_Flowers_bottles.jpg

Looks great JB! Just in case you want to know, we served them a sweet breakfast this morning. I don't know what you have planned for tomorrow, but we served them fruit/yogurt parfait, cinnamon muffins and banana macadamia pancakes.
I gave them the directions from your website since they are going on the Blue Ridge Drive so they know where to get off for you.
They are just dolls.
Riki

Riki.
egoodell said:
Riki
lrg_Flowers_bottles.jpg

Looks great JB! Just in case you want to know, we served them a sweet breakfast this morning. I don't know what you have planned for tomorrow, but we served them fruit/yogurt parfait, cinnamon muffins and banana macadamia pancakes.
I gave them the directions from your website since they are going on the Blue Ridge Drive so they know where to get off for you.
They are just dolls.
Riki
egoodell said:
They are just dolls.
Riki
YEA!! I think it is wonderful when we share guests and even better when we share what we served so, although it would be different, they get a different breakfast at the next stop.
I am sharing a package with another innkeeper with both of us doing a dinner. I usually do a manicotti but she had planned to do a lasagna but was floundering because she knew what I do so I changed. After checking with the guests - I am doing a venison roast. Works well because the venison cost me nothing and is easy to fix!

Riki.
egoodell said:
Riki
lrg_Flowers_bottles.jpg

They are just dolls.
Riki
Here they are, she has a similar Nikon to mine. I will delete this after you view it Riki.
lrg_Honeymooners%20from%20London%20BB%20Sept52011.jpg

Riki.
egoodell said:
Riki
lrg_Flowers_bottles.jpg

They are just dolls.
Riki
Here they are, she has a similar Nikon to mine. I will delete this after you view it Riki.

Adorable!!! Happy married life to them!!

Riki.
egoodell said:
Riki
lrg_Flowers_bottles.jpg

They are just dolls.
Riki

I told you they were precious!
Riki

Riki.
egoodell said:
Riki
lrg_Flowers_bottles.jpg

They are just dolls.
Riki

Riki
egoodell said:
Riki
He said he would definately review us on TA. We both got a new review. I WANT THESE GUESTS - FOREVER! We had a very bold woman at the table that morning, with two other couples. I felt bad, but they laughed it off. She wasn't rude, just boisterous.

Fabulous banana dish I got from Bridgeford House in Eureka Springs AR that doesn't matter if bananas sit for a while. It is great for chilly mornings, a pleasant change from the fruit and yogurt stand-by, and has good presentation.
1/4 c flour 1/8 tsp salt
Dir: Preheat oven to 400. Slice bananas and evenly distribute among 4 ramekins or casserole dish, lightly sprayed with cooking spray. Place all dry ing in a med mixing bowl; add the butter and work the mixture with a fork until it is crumbly. Sprinkle over bananas enough to cover. Bake until crumble gets firm and golden, 10-12 minutes, serve warm. 4 servings..
Susan said:
Susan, we had this with breakfast this morning. Great way to use up bananas that are getting a bit old anyway. You should post it in the forum's recipe section!

1/4 c flour 1/8 tsp salt
Dir: Preheat oven to 400. Slice bananas and evenly distribute among 4 ramekins or casserole dish, lightly sprayed with cooking spray. Place all dry ing in a med mixing bowl; add the butter and work the mixture with a fork until it is crumbly. Sprinkle over bananas enough to cover. Bake until crumble gets firm and golden, 10-12 minutes, serve warm. 4 servings..
Susan said:
Susan, we had this with breakfast this morning. Great way to use up bananas that are getting a bit old anyway. You should post it in the forum's recipe section!
Thanks! Will do.

Back