I swear I don't make these up...

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

InnBloom

Reaction score
After a busy weekend full of Valentiners, we only had two young couples in our two best rooms on Valentines Day itself.
One of the young men had come a couple of weeks ago to pay cash because he didn't want his significant other seeing money coming out of the account. Nice guy. He showed up on V Day on crutches because he had broken his leg the day before. And of course his room is up two flights of stairs!! He brought a friend who climbed the stairs to set up his room with a sweet stuffed animal on the bed, some wine and wine glasses, a little music player----he had thought of everything. Then he took the key and left to come back later with his lady after dinner.
Fast forward to the next morning, nice couple, breakfast was fine....a few hours later they left, all is well.
The kicker: She called a few hours later and said they were "freaking out". She wanted to know if there was only one other couple in the house last night, and if the man's name was Phil. Of course, I didn't answer either of those questions, and asked why she was asking. She said that someone had come into their room last night and wrote "Phil was here" on his cast!
Maybe I WILL write that book.

I guess I should clarify that:
---I DON'T believe that happened.
---I imagine someone was playing a trick on the young lady.
---I'm not going to lose any sleep over it.
I mean please....didn't notice it before breakfast? Didn't notice it between breakfast and check-out? Didn't lock your door, for crying out loud? I don't buy it for a minute.
If I find out differently---I'll sure let you know.

This is the most bizarre thing to date on the forum. I hope you can find out more... Did the two couples ever interact outside or parlor or anything? I think Tina could use that in one of her dead and breakfast novels!

Holy "You Know What" - that is the best "bizarre story" ever..
Is there a prize for most bizarre?? I could use one!
InnBloom said:
Is there a prize for most bizarre?? I could use one!
If only...if only you thought fast and said that the other couple were Johnny and Martha, but the resident GHOST IS NAMED PHIL!
Actually----we've laughed about that idea a lot in the last two days.

That is one for the books!!! But you never answered - was there anyone there by that name???

So... you never told us you had a Ghost named "Phil"-that is most bizzar ha ha

Back