I want it all for free!!!

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sanctuary

Reaction score
What is it about people who go on cruises that they want everything free...just "gimme, gimme, gimme, and I want it all for free." Sure, they’re not all like that, but the grand majority of them seem to be. They want the moon and the stars, but they don’t want to pay for any of that service.
There is a travel board I read that is for cruiseship-goers. The section I read is the one for topics about certain departure cities, Miami being one of them. We’re not allowed to advertise over there, so I obey the rules and don’t solicit my own business there, but I do answer questions from time to time from a local’s perspective. It’s usually the same questions over and over, mostly on the topic of local hotels (many people fly in the day before their cruise departs and overnight in a hotel), local cuisine, where stuff is, now much taxis are, what is there to do after I get off the ship and an evening flight home, etc.
A very common question is one asking for what hotels have a free shuttle from the airport or to the cruise port, followed by "where is the nearest liquor store?" It’s popular for cruise-goers to bring their own wine and whatever if they can get it past security.
Anyway, today, one poster just got under my skin a little. She was looking for a hotel that fit the list she made:
*Under $130/night (incl. taxes) for four people in high season in Miami (she couldn’t believe the week before Christmas was high season in Miami....HELLO???? - she thought high season was summer....uh...when it's cold and snowing in most of the USA and it's sunny and 85 in South Florida, that spells high season; nobody wants to be here in the summer.)
*Free airport shuttle
*Free cruiseport shuttle
*Free full breakfast (not just cereal or waffles - and she pointed out that she needed to have eggs and a breakfast meat with fresh juice)
*Located with walking distance to a liquor store and a grocery store or a hotel that offers a free shuttle to those places
*Hot tub
*Located near the port and in a safe neighborhood.
OMG!!! All that in some of the most expensive areas of Miami, during high season, at the holidays. ....for $130....oh, and then, there’s the "I’m a single mom" card to be played. Only Alice in Wonderland could find all that on a good day.
Someone else beat me to it and posted a reply, "Perhaps you should try www.cheaphotelinMiamiinhighseasonwithfreeshuttletoliquorstore.com." Loved it!
I see these kinds of posts all the time, but this one was really over the top. Usually people are just asking for one criteria, or two. Geez! I couldn't image having this person as a guest.

Wow, talk about delusional. Single mom or not, I would never want to do business with her.

Hopefully you never will!!! This is a hotel person for sure....
Meanwhile - I am a big cruiser, 18 or 19 behind me and another on the horizion. I do not expect everything for free...but I do see how some fall into that mode when taking a cruise since it is like a package with 'everything included' (well almost). I do see some things changing in that arena thou. NCL is really changing the way they do business with choice of dining - at an extra cost and several other 'extra' dollar choices.

The single Mom and I am on a fixed income get the same response from me - SO????? Half the world is either single Mom or fixed income.
Business people are about the only people not on fixed income - our income depends on how much revenue we can generate. The rest of the world is fixed on how much the company pays (and if it is not enough go elsewhere) or how many jobs you are willing to work.

The single Mom and I am on a fixed income get the same response from me - SO????? Half the world is either single Mom or fixed income.
Business people are about the only people not on fixed income - our income depends on how much revenue we can generate. The rest of the world is fixed on how much the company pays (and if it is not enough go elsewhere) or how many jobs you are willing to work..
We should do a poll to see how many innkeepers are on a fixed income.
smiley-char124.gif

Business people are about the only people not on fixed income - our income depends on how much revenue we can generate. The rest of the world is fixed on how much the company pays (and if it is not enough go elsewhere) or how many jobs you are willing to work..
We should do a poll to see how many innkeepers are on a fixed income.
smiley-char124.gif

Yes, I am an old bat on SS but I am not on a fixed income because the B & B can generate more money and I sincerely hope it does - at least enough to cover my honking loan payment and other bills.

I'm a business owner... minimum wage would be an increase!
=)
Kk..
YellowSocks said:
I'm a business owner... minimum wage would be an increase!
=)
Kk.
Heck, if I got what the housekeeper makes it would be amazing!
DW and I are on a pension. After operating expenses, the business pays our insurance and taxes. Good thing we're retired or we never could be.
smiley-confused004.gif

It would be nice to be able to count on a "fixed income"!!

Little Blue said:
I have that, but I had to get old to get it.
cry_smile.gif

The trade-off sucks!

Back