I want to make a cookbook

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sunshine

Reaction score
I want to make a cook book to sell at my B&B. I have lots of ideas of things to put into it, but can't find any 'really' good place to publish without paying a fortune! I found one place that will do it fairly inexpensive but then they have 'membership' fees!
Have you published a cook book and who did you use???

We do an e-cookbook, sold on our website in PDF format.

I just did a cookbook for a local B & B. I used MS PUBLISHER. We had it printed locally. It is 36 pages. I did a color image for the front cover. They paid $2.75 to have it printed. They are selling for $7.50 and it is flying out the door!

I just did a cookbook for a local B & B. I used MS PUBLISHER. We had it printed locally. It is 36 pages. I did a color image for the front cover. They paid $2.75 to have it printed. They are selling for $7.50 and it is flying out the door!.
whoa!!! Where did they find prices like that? My local printer charges us sooooo much more!

I just did a cookbook for a local B & B. I used MS PUBLISHER. We had it printed locally. It is 36 pages. I did a color image for the front cover. They paid $2.75 to have it printed. They are selling for $7.50 and it is flying out the door!.
whoa!!! Where did they find prices like that? My local printer charges us sooooo much more!
Oh... that is $2.75 per copy :) Here in our small VA town in the Shenandoah Valley.

One of our local farm and lodging operators did theirs through Lulu. Cover in color. Interior illustrations b/w.

When we owned our inn, I was in charge of the cookbook project for the Innkeepers of our local Bed and Breakfast Association. We used Morris Press to publish the cookbook. They have both soft sided and hard bound books you can choose from. You choose the recipes and they put it all together. They are well know in the industry. Cost will vary with how many you produce. More you produce, the lower the cost.
Lynda

You could always do your own. One of the things we did (I forget what for) was buy a cone binding maching (cost me about $60) and you buy the cones separately think they cost about 10 cents each and printed and bound them myself. Bought card for the cover but it depends on how much time you want to spend etc and if you can find someone who would do it for you at a good price.

Lots of good ideas! Thanks Everyone! I'm looking at all the possibilities!

Back